Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bullet Bonanza

I have a ton of stuff on my mind, but none of it worthy of an entire post, so here it is in bullet form...
  • Since coloring my hair a few weeks ago (for the first time ever), I've been disappointed with the texture It's been dry and unmanageable. It wasn't until this morning that I realized I forgot to do 'step #3', the conditioning treatment! Yeah, I'm smart like that.
  • I'm down a pound today only because I was so tight and uncomfortable all afternoon yesterday that I couldn't even attempt to eat dinner. I hate that the only time I lose a pound is when I skip a meal or am too sick to eat. Frustrating.
  • Hubby comes home today!
  • Thanksgiving is a week away and I'm hosting. We're having a non-traditional holiday this year, doing sight seeing in our favorite city all morning/afternoon, then headed back here for a late dinner, complete with instant mashed potatoes (gasp!). My mother, I'm sure, is shaking her head in shame.
  • We'll be looking at some houses this weekend. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. We've decided that 'this is it' and this next house is the one we will live in for 20 years. Talk about pressure!
  • This is the first year that I've had to walk my kiddo to the bus stop, down the street, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate that all winter long. Do you know about Chicago winters? I do, and I'm telling ya', they're no joke!
  • My surgeons office is having their annual $1 clothing sale on Saturday and I'm hoping for some good finds. I sure could use some new stuff, since I've gotten rid of about 6 garbage bags of old clothes!
  • I've been doing a new Core exercise class at the gym for a few weeks now. It's super intense and hard, focusing solely on the core (who doesn't need help there?!) and I can say that my pants are all loose in the waist. Love it!
That's it for today. Have a great day and stay warm people!

5 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I LOVE the conditioner that comes with hair coloring. It makes my hair SO soft!

I love core work!

Lap Band Gal said...

yeah, that conditioner is kinda important...ha ha...totally something I would forget to do too.

Good luck at the $1 sale. what fun!

Caron said...

At my daughter's suggestion, I colored my hair for about a year several years ago. I hated everything about it except the conditioner which was fabulous. :)

Andrea said...

How fun that your surgeon's office is doing that clothing sale! I've never heard of that before, but I love it!

Ronnie said...

Umm, I need to stop by your surgeon's office. That sounds amazing. I might suggest it to mine!

I love the Thanksgiving idea, hopefully you all can make that a tradition. :)