Sunday, November 20, 2011

House Hunting, bandiversary and a Weigh In

I did my weekly weigh in yesterday, but didn't have time to document it. So here I am, a day late.

OK, before I tell you about my loss, I have to preface this with letting you know that I am having my T.O.M. and when I have that, I really can't eat much of anything. I swear, my insides are inflamed during this time every month and I spend 3 days being uncomfortable, living on liquids.

That being said, I lost 2 pounds...my first loss in about a month (I'd have to go back and check the records to be sure). That brings me to 163 pounds and a total loss of...

67 pounds

I know most women gain at least a little water weight during their monthly, but for me it's the opposite. I literally can't eat ANYTHING without pain and discomfort, which causes a loss on the scale. I'm holding out hope that I won't put it back on once things go back to 'normal'.

We went up to Wisconsin yesterday to check out some houses (more on that later) and ended up getting take out. We got Chinese food, a rare treat for us. I had 2 bites of an egg roll. Yup, just 2, and then I was DONE. Couldn't eat another bite of anything for the rest of the night.
This morning at breakfast I had one of those little 'especially for hotels' size yogurts and really had to struggle to get most of it down. I was stuffed and there was still some left in the container.
Funny how I can survive on such small amounts of food, but any other time of the month I want food all the time and feel like I just might die if I'm unable to eat!

In other news, when I wrote my last post on the 17th, I was for some reason unaware that it was actually my Bandiversary (15 months), otherwise I would have written about it and had the hubs take a picture! I'll have to get to that another time because right now I'm in my pajamas and exhausted.

So, about the house hunting. We're really not in a huge hurry to find a house right now because we won't be moving until the end of the school year. However, we did find some on line that we felt we really wanted to see now, one that hubby had already looked at last week and knew I'd love. So we set up some appointments with the Realtor to see four houses today. We were able to easily narrow it down to 2. The problem is that between those 2, we just can't come to a conclusive decision. They both have great things to offer, and what one house doesn't have the other does. It's so frustrating! 
We're going to talk to the Realtor again this week and try to make a decision but I'll tell you, it's nerve wracking! They're both great houses. We really can't go wrong with either.

Well, both kiddos went to bed super early tonight, and I'm not far behind them. It's been a crazy hectic weekend and we're all beat.

Have a great night all!

5 comments:

Sam said...

Isn't it amazing how everyone is so different when it comes that TOM and the band, mine loosens and I crave everything!

Good luck with your house hunting :o)

Lap Band Gal said...

2 lbs...AWESOME! Especially during TOM. Can't wait to hear how the house hunting goes :)

Beth Ann said...

Bodies are crazy creatures. Yay for the 2 pound loss!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the loss! Hope you find just the right house!

Ronnie said...

I wish I wasn't hungry around my TOM, I am ravenous every single time. :(

Congrats on 67 lbs gone!