Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Don't Qualify!

You've all heard the commercials for some weight loss drug or obesity research project where the pitch man says something along the lines of... "If you're at least 21 years old and 30 pounds over weight, call 1-888-IMOBESE". 
OK, I made up the phone number part, but you get the idea, right?

Well, the other day in the car I was listening to one of those commercials. For the first time EVER, and I do mean EVER, in my whole life, I didn't qualify.

I'M NOT 30 POUNDS OVER WEIGHT!
What?
How can that be?

15 months ago I was 80 pounds overweight.
Last week I was 16 pounds overweight.
Today I am 13 pounds overweight.

I no longer qualify for any weight loss drug or obesity study.

Today that is my victory. That's what this journey is all about.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

AWESOME NSV! :)

Beth Ann said...

Aww...I love that! You rock, my friend!

Sarah G said...

YAY for not qualifying!!

Ronnie said...

Love it! You rock, Ronda. :)

Andrea said...

Yay! What an awesome feeling!