Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving, Full Liquids, and A New Low

We had a very nice Thanksgiving here, even though the turkey wasn't done at the same time as the rest of the food. We just drank more wine and laughed about it while we ate in stages.

I've been SUPER tight again and have no idea why. So I was able to eat some mashed potatoes and a teeny tiny piece of turkey (when it was finally done cooking!). Later I had some no sugar added ice cream for dessert. That's it. The funny thing is I really didn't care that I wasn't gorging myself on stuffing and rolls. I was happy to just be sitting around the table with my family, laughing and having a good time.

The day after Thanksgiving I started to have severe heartburn, like I've never had before. In fact, we all went out for pizza and I ordered soup. After dinner I came home and chewed a handful of Tums, and drank water for the rest of the night. Yesterday morning I still didn't feel back to normal, and although the heartburn had calmed down, I decided to spend the day doing full liquids.

Here's what I had yesterday...
8am.: Protein shake
12pm.: Oatmeal
7:30pm: no sugar added ice cream with a shot of Kahlua over the top

What? Ice cream and Kahlua are both liquid at room temperature, so they fit into the liquid diet, right?
OK, not the best choice, I know. I was so sick of not being able to eat food that I just needed something that tasted good to me, and it had been 7 1/2 hours since I'd eaten anything. Don't judge!

So here I am Sunday morning, writing this blog and sipping water. I still feel way too tight and I'm thinking this is going to be another day of liquids. I long for those days right after my last un-fill when I was able to eat chicken! I'm hoping nothing is wrong and this is just a fluke of some kind.

I forgot to do my weekly weigh in yesterday so I stepped on the scale today to a new all time low I'm at 162 today which brings me to a grand total loss of...

68 pounds

I have to say that I was stuck at 65 for so long that I thought that was where I would stay. I think I had forgotten what it felt like to lose weight, and I like it. I have a new found commitment and I can see 160. I can do it!

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

yum. Kaluha, :)

Sarah G said...

I hope it settles down and you get some relief soon. Too tight is no way to be!

Andrea said...

Hopefully your body will adjust and you will be able to start eating more. Congrats on the new low!

Sam said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving, even if you could not eat. I hope your band settles down soon. Be sure to have it checked out if it doesn't though.

speck said...

Yes, I'm thinking you might need that extra daysince you have some reflux/issues right now. :)

I too thought I wouldn't lose anymore after a year of nothing.(all due to me) But finally that has changed.

Ronnie said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving (sorry so late commenting!), and congrats on your new low. :)

Beth Ann said...

Hope the tightness goes away, but I'm glad it sounds like it was a nice Thanksgiving!