Saturday, November 12, 2011

Weighing, uh, I mean Measuring In!

Today is my weigh in day and I haven't weighed in yet. Hubby is asleep and I don't want to turn on the light and bother him, so that'll have to wait. I'm not too anxious though since I'm pretty sure it's going to be the exact same thing as last week, and the week before. I've been stuck at this weight for what seems like an eternity.

However, I know I've been kicking some major butt at the gym so I decided to finally break down and do something I haven't found the 'time' to do in 6 months. Take measurements! I had to go on a search of my house (and numerous junk drawers) to find the notebook where I keep such data. See how diligent I've been?

Well my little stubborn plateau...I have some news for you. I not only have lost TWO INCHES from my hips, but another TWO INCHES off my waist. Take that sucker!
In other, less dramatic news, I've also lost 1/2 inch from my thighs, calves and chest.

This my friends, is validation that exercise is key in this weight loss journey. AND when you're frustrated with the scale, get out your tape measure. I bet you'll be surprised at what you see.

And now, since I've been cleaning out all the closets and am headed to Good Will today, I thought I'd share this with you...

Inches Matter
Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

Caron said...

Awesome! :)

Sam said...

Congrats, I can't remember the last time I took measurements. I really need to do that :o)

Andrea said...

Yay!!! It's always awesome to see losses in other places when we don't see it on the scale!

Ronnie said...

Sweet! I love taking my measurements each month, it really is a big validation. :)