Monday, December 19, 2011

16 Months, Weigh In, and Pics

Saturday marked my 16 months since band surgery. I didn't forget about it this month, but was at work for most of the day. Then Sunday is 'family day' in our house, so I'm just getting around to doing my Bandiversary post today.

Yesterday was also supposed to be my weigh in day. So let me get right to that.
I'm holding at a solid 160. That's a slight increase from last week but I'm OK with that. I've fallen off the chocolate band wagon and this is proof that I need to cut it out!

So, that brings me to a total loss to date of...

70 pounds

When I first lost that 3 pounds last week, I thought "Oh good, I've got a little holiday buffer". 
What a dumb way to think! It's like I was giving myself permission to gain it back over the holidays. I've decided I don't want to ever see that 3 pounds again. So my goal over this holiday is to maintain my solid 70 pound loss and not gain an ounce. Let's see how that goes!

And in keeping with tradition, I have some before and during pics for you.

The one on the left was one day post-op. The one on the right, just before heading to the gym yesterday.


August 18, 2010
December 18, 2011





And the last one was after the gym, wearing my husband's favorite "butt pants". That man cracks me up!

We're having the in-laws in this week for Christmas. It'll be our first year staying home and having everyone here. We normally drive back East. The kids are super excited! 
We're having a traditional Italian Christmas Eve, with fish and pasta. Fish works great for me and the band, so I'm happy.
We'll be baking one batch of cut out cookies, mostly for the tradition of it, for the kiddos. I'm sure at least half of them will end up in the freezer. There will be no cakes or pies. One of the benefits of hosting the holiday at your own house!

Until next time, be well and have a wonderful Holiday!

7 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

You are freaking AMAZING with your progress!! WOW! I love those before and now pics (there are no after pics by the way).

HUGS!!

Caron said...

Great pictures and progress. Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Jody V said...

Great pics! You can tell you bust your ass exercising!!

Sarah G said...

Wow, wow, wow! You look amazing!

Sam said...

You are looking great :o)

Ronnie said...

Great progress pics!

You're awesome with your 70 lbs lost.

I, too, have been eating a bit more chocolate than I should. (Don't tell anyone.) We'll get through it!! :)

Andrea said...

Congrats on the loss! You look amazing and have come so far in 16 months!