Monday, December 26, 2011

Did You Remember Your Word?

I totally forgot that many of us bloggers chose a word for the year and wrote about it. I couldn't remember for the life of me what my word was, so I had to go back in the archives and find it.
Here was that post from almost a year ago...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Endurance
en·dur·ance 

1.  the fact or power of enduring or bearing pain, hardships, etc.
2. the ability or strength to continue or last, esp. despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions; stamina:  " He has amazing physical endurance."
3.  lasting quality; duration: His friendships have little endurance.

#2 is my favorite part of the definition.  I don't like the part about pain and hardship.  Well, I guess there was some initial pain with the surgery itself, but at this point I'm not suffering a hardship.
I've said many times that this is a process.  I am in it for the long haul.  This word makes me think back to when I was in training for my first 5K.  I didn't care how fast I finished the race, I just wanted to finish it!  My goal was to be able to run the entire thing without stopping for a walk break.  In fact, I was endurance training.
So here I am with the  band, doing the work, and not paying much attention to how long it takes me.  This is my life, and I have the rest of it to live, and work on my goals.  There may be bumps in the road along the way, and it's going to take a while, but I will continue the journey because I'm training in endurance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how'd I do? I think I did pretty well with the 'slow and steady' pace, accepting that this journey is for the long haul. I figure I'll spend the rest of my life 'in training', like I'm getting ready for a big race. However, life is the race, and it's forever.

What was your word? How did you do? I'd love to hear about it.

5 comments:

Dani said...

This is my first year of the word-so mine is "Challenge "-I hope I do as well with my word!!:)

Sam said...

My was believe and I don't think I did that good of a job, but this years have a plan and that is to have the word on my sidebar, that way I have a daily reminder :o)

Ronnie said...

I think you did great over this year! I almost forgot my word, too. (How crazy!) It was moderate... I think I did pretty well. :)

I hope I don't forget this years' by next December.

Andrea said...

Yes, I think you did great! I wasn't blogging last year, but I'm thinking about a word for this year.

speck said...

I'm still looking for the original post about this WORD thing. lol(I'll find it...hopefully because I want to do it)