Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Word For 2012

I've been giving it a lot of thought, and reading other blogs, and I think I've finally come up with my word for the new year.
Here it is...

Commitment

Here's the deal. I'm 9 pounds from my goal weight. I don't have a whole lot of weight loss left, so my word can't really be about that. 
However, we all know that this is not just about losing the weight. It's about committing to a new lifestyle, making permanent changes, and keeping the weight off.

In 2012 I commit to accepting all the hard work I've done, and continuing that work every day. You know my motto all along has been 'never going back' and I have to make a strong commitment to ensure that I don't gain that weight back.

Have you chosen your word?
Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Sam said...

Nicely said :o)

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Good word! Here's to 2012.

Sam said...

At this stage on your journey, this is a great word :o)

Justawallflower said...

You are going to have an awesome 2012! I'm so excited for you!

Dawnya said...

Awesome word!!

speck said...

I'm loving that you only have 9lbs for goal!

Andrea said...

Good one!

Ronnie said...

I'm right there with you - about 9 pounds from goal. Lord help us get this last few off!

Great word. :)

Beth Ann said...

Excellent! This one made my short list too. :)