Saturday, December 31, 2011

Weekly Weigh In and Learning a Few Things Along The Way

Saturday means it's time for the weekly weigh in.

I did 2 classes at the gym yesterday. One was strength training, the other a massive cardio blast.
Then I had a really hard time last night with being too tight, and pretty much was unable to eat past lunch time. So I wasn't surprised when I got on the scale this morning and saw 159.6.

That brings me to a total loss to date of...

70.4

This is most likely the first time ever in my adult life that I haven't gained weight over the holidays. This year the holidays were all about being with family and having a good time, and not so much about the food. That feels good, and the way it should be.

Today we took the kiddos to Navy Pier for the annual Winter Wonder Fest. We go every year, but usually before Christmas. This was our best year yet. No crowds, no lines, no waiting!

 I learned a few things about myself today:

  • My fear of heights and tendency towards nausea only gets worse with age.
  • Just because I can fit on every ride does not mean I should go on every ride!  I thought I was going to lose my lunch even before I had lunch. So not cool.
  • The Tilt A Whirl is fun when you're a kid. Not so much when you're 40. Enough said.
  • I want one of these when I retire (and no longer have to cart 2 kids around town).
Beep Beep!
Perfect size for tooling around Chicago, wouldn't you say?

We came home from Navy Pier and had a sushi making party. I had the inner ingredients, no rice. The kids loved it and I think this is our new family tradition. 
Now we're in our jammies, camped out on the family room floor, watching the NYE party going on in NY.
We're right where we want to be. Healthy and safe, and thankful for a good year.

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

o.c. bandster said...

Sounds like a great day.... NOT THE FEELING SICK JUST GOT OFF THE TILIT A WHIRL part....but being with the family. And the sushi making party.

Caron said...

70 pounds gone. Wow! Happy New Year! :)

speck said...

I am so loving the comments about what you have learned about yourself. lol I can so relate.

Andrea said...

Good job on not gaining weight over the holidays!

Jody V said...

Great job AS USUAL on the weight loss! Sounds like you had a great time! Happy New Year!

Jody

Ronnie said...

Sounds like a great week and a great way to ring in the new year!

Beth Ann said...

No Tilt-a-whirls for me! In fact, I had to take a Dramamine to ride the roller coasters at Busch Gardens. :)