Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weekly Weigh In and My 2nd ever BYOC!

I weighed in this morning at the same weight as last week. Holding steady at 162. I've actually bounced back and forth between 162 and 162.8 all week.
I find that funny since I'm still not able to eat much at all. Yesterday I had a protein shake for breakfast, SF chocolate pudding mixed wtih protein powder and 1 T natural peanut butter for lunch (super yummy but no crunch factor!) and instant mashed potatoes for dinner. Phil is killing me...I want food!
I can say that I feel better and more normal today after my day of full liquid/mushies yesterday. Maybe there was some irritation going on and it's settling down now. Who knows.

I'm at work today and since I really have nothing great to write about, I thought I'd participate in Drazils' "BYOC" from yesterday. Here goes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s Friday so it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions in order to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy to your own blog if you wish and ENJOY!

Let’s do a little themed version of where you live and why!

1. Describe the structure you live in. (apartment, condo, house, mansion, cardboard box?)


We live in a 4 bedroom colonial house. It's pretty standard for the homes around our area. Nice, but not fancy. It suits us just fine.
 
2. Describe the city you live in. (population, main attractions)
 
I actually had to look this up on line because quite honestly, I had no clue. We've only lived here 5 years.
According to the last cencus records, the population here is about  23,000. It has tripled in 8 years. There's a lot of development going on. The area used to be ALL farm country but with families moving out of the city of Chicago to the suburbs, there are houses going up everywhere. The farmers have done very well for themselves by selling off their land to home developers.
Most people have never heard of our town, except if they've been to the outlet mall. That's our main attraction. There's also a HUGE retirement community at the edge of town which is so weird to me because from my perspective, it's all young families, just like ours.
I'm from a pretty big city so this is defintely 'small town USA' to me. We've lived here such a short time but I can't go anywhere in town without seeing at least 3 people I know.
I like that.

3. Why do you live in the town you live in? (job, to get away from a different town, family, schools?)

We moved here when my husband got a job working at the headquarters of a major retailer in a neighboring town. We chose not to live in the town where the job was because the school district here is way better, and we liked the area much more. I guess none of that matters any more since we'll be moving again over the summer.
This area has served us well, and we've enjoyed our time here. It's just time to move on.

4. What’s the view like from your backyard?


Corn fields for as far as the eye can see! Well, actually I can see the middle school WAY off in the distance, but mostly it's just corn fields. The area back there was supposed to be developed into yet another housing tract, but since the market tanked a couple years ago, that's all been put on hold. I sort of like not having neighbors out back, and we love watching the farmer harvest the corn every year. We do have to be a little careful though because there is a family of coyote who live in the field. They don't usually come in during the day, but we have heard them hunting rabbits at night, and it's a bit disturbing!
My kids are definitely growing up differently than I did.

5. Repeat question: How has your week been in blogland and in real life?


Well, in real life we found what we would consider our 'dream home', and tried to put in an offer, only to find out another offer had just been accepted. We were both disappointed, to say the least.
We're continuing to look but it's exhausting, especially when we thought we had already found "the one".

Blog land has been fun. I've been getting up before the kids and doing a lot of blog reading first thing in the morning. I love being caught up in all the lives of my blogger friends. I've found a wonderful community!
Have a fantastic weekend.

3 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

OMG - we totally hear coyotes too and it is so creepy!

SUchipmunk said...

Hi, thanks for the comment! Great job on the 162, even holding steady can be a win for us! :)

Beth Ann said...

Okay, so you know I can respond to you when you comment on my blog, right? I always type and email and realize it isn't going anywhere, ha! Hope all that irritation goes away and you can get some food!