Saturday, December 10, 2011

Weigh In, another Milestone, and Trying Something New



A few days ago I weighed myself and saw a new all time low, but was pretty sure it was temporary. I mentioned that to my hubby and his response was "you always think it's temporary, and it never is!".
I guess I have a lot of self doubt.

So today is my actual 'official' weigh in day and guess what? The numbers were all the same!

MY NEW ALL TIME LOWEST WEIGHT. 
EVER!

159.2

Which brings me to a total weight loss of...

70.8

I remember clearly that I weighed 175 for my High School physical. Never as an adult have I been able to get below 180. I've been able to drop weight here and there through different programs, but NEVER this much.

Thank you very much Phil The Band. I love you!

And now on to the something new, and what I believe is the reason I was able to drop nearly 3 pounds in one week.
I watched the documentary "Food Matters" this week. The amount of information about food, nutrition, and toxins was absolutely overwhelming. I like to make positive changes but I'm a simple kind of gal, so I've decided to take it one step at a time...

One of the experts who was interviewed said that people should start their day by drinking at least a liter of water before they do anything else. We should all be cleansing our kidneys to get rid of toxins, and get things moving. Easy enough for me!

So every day this week I've been filling my 32oz. water bottle, adding a squirt of fresh lemon juice, and having that before any coffee or my protein shake.
Easy Peasy.

So just for this week, I challenge all of you, my dear friends, to do the same. Get that water in first thing in the morning, get those kidneys working, FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH, and see if the scale thanks you for it. You'll never know unless you try.

Have a fabulous weekend!

12 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Great challenge - and I accept!

o.c. bandster said...

Ok....I am going to try this. 32 oz first thing in the morning sounds crazy but it will be good for me!

o.c. bandster said...

Woops! Posted too soon. Cngrats on 70!!! Amazing

Sarah G said...

Congrats!

Dawnya said...

Greet information!! I will try to give it a try. I'll keep you posted.

Caron said...

That does sound like a good idea. I'm going to try to do that starting tomorrow as my week starts on Sunday. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss. :)

Andrea said...

Wow, congrats on all the weight loss so far! I'll take you up on that challenge!

SUchipmunk said...

Congrats! Keep up the hard work!

Ronnie said...

I did that yesterday (without having read this) and it worked for me. :) Guess I'll have to stick with it.

Congrats on the new low!

Linda Sherwood said...

My husband has been telling me for years that I don't drink enough water. I has sleeve surgery in August and for a while was doing a great job drinking water. Lately I've noticed it is the first thing I fail to do some days. I need to take your challenge. It's too late today, but I will start tomorrow. :) Thanks for the great idea.

Anonymous said...

Great Job Ronda!!! I am sure being at the gym (as often as you are!) has had a great impact in how well you have done. Keep up the good work!
Betsy

Beth Ann said...

I'm catching up on a week of neglect, but I had to stop and say WOOHOO!! That's so awesome!!