Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's On My Mind

It's 7:00pm. and both kids are in bed. They actually asked me to go to bed early, hallelujah! The house is quiet and here's what's on my mind tonight.


  • My older daughter has a problem with confidence, in almost every facet of her life. Never lack of ability with her, just lack of confidence. For that reason I signed her up for an 'intensive' swim course this week while she's on winter break. We have to go EVERY freaking day for a week, which I hate, but I can tell you it's making a huge difference. I do believe we have a swimmer in our house!


  • I've been eating like crap this week and I hate it. Many people with the band have stated that they love GOOD food, and even though they can only have small portions of it, they still eat wonderful food. Me, not so much. I eat pudding, peanut butter, cookies, and God help me, Pirate's Booty. Real gourmet stuff there, huh?I think part of the problem is that hubby is out of town for most of the week so I don't feel like cooking. That's not an excuse, just a fact. Every day I say I'm going to do better and get back to tracking my food, and every day I fail. 
  • I have not gained any weight with my crappy eating habits (yet). Actually I"m down a little bit (probably because crap eating doesn't leave room for eating an actual dinner!) But that's not the point. My body needs and deserves lots of nice protein and nutrients. I'm depriving my body of what it deserves. This has got to stop!  Tomorrow I will do better. I promise.


  • I'm gearing up for my annual post-Christmas clearance shopping extravaganza. This is my favorite time of year. I snap up all those 75% off deals all around town and have lots and lots of gifts to put away for next year. I do my best Christmas shopping in January. I swear I start to have heart palpitations when I see those mark down signs!
  • We had a fantastic Christmas but I'm secretly glad it's over. I can't wait to take down the tree and decorations and start packing up. This is our last Christmas in this house and I have the sudden urge to start packing up everything that can be moved to the new house. You know, the new house that we HAVEN'T BOUGHT YET! Is this like nesting? Maybe I'm house nesting. I'm so ready.
Well, I think that's all that's on my mind for tonight. I'm going to have some tea and finish this really good book I've been reading because thank you Jesus the house is so quiet!

Have a great night.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Pirates booty is evil! I am an addict!

speck said...

Ohhhh I too love those 75% off sales! To bad we don't live close to each other! lol

And I'm like you, I've already been thinking I need to focus on my protein.(I've been slacking)

Enjoyed reading.

Sandra

Beth Ann said...

If I lived closer, I would go shopping with you! I love shopping!

Caron said...

Happy new year! Getting back in the saddle and staying on track. :)