Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blame it on T.O.M, and a Weigh In

First, for the update on how I'm feeling. Thanks so much for all your concern and comments over my super tight band, not feeling well, and acid reflux.

Here's the deal.
After feeling like I was coming down with the flu on Thursday (and not working out) I took my 'cold and flu' medicine and went to bed at 8:00. Seriously, not long after my preschooler goes to bed. I was out like a light and slept for TEN HOURS! I honestly can't remember the last time I've been able to do that.
I woke up Friday morning feeling much better, and with my period, a week early. *sigh*.
So, I'm pretty sure T.O.M. was to blame for the whole ordeal. What the heck was that?! I've experienced headaches or a back ache, and some band tightness just before T.O.M. arrives, but never like this. This was full-on chills, nausea, inability to eat anything (even pudding), and all around feeling like crap.

I took Friday off from the gym as well since I was not feeling back to 100% yet. I also stuck to full liquids all day, venturing out a bit and having oatmeal for dinner. It went down fine. Phew!
I went back to the gym for a great spin class this morning. I'm still tired, and the band is still too tight to attempt solid food, but I'm pretty sure it was all T.O.M,'s fault, so I haven't called the doc yet.
I'll give it the weekend and if I'm not able to eat solids by Monday, I'm going in for yet another un-fill. Isn't this backwards? I'm supposed to be wanting fills at this point, right? Ah, fickle Phil.

Now on to the weigh in.
I managed to drop a little weight this week which is pretty typical for me during the dreaded T.O.M. which brings me to 158.5 and a grand total weight loss of...

71.5

I'll take it. I like that I'm back on the losing track. I just wish it wasn't from being flat out unable to eat!
I'm hoping for a better week this week. I miss chewing!

Happy weekend everyone. Enjoy this mild winter weather we all seem to be having.

8 comments:

o.c. bandster said...

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like one very crazy week.

Sarah G said...

Crazy week! I hope next week is a better!

Beth Ann said...

Phil needs some meds! :)

speck said...

I tagged you on my blog CeCe

Ronnie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - I hope you can progress to solids soon, if you haven't already. (I'm a little behind!)

E. Jane said...

Sounds like you haven't had the best week, but also glad things are looking up. Take care of yourself.

T said...

Does your dr do fluorscopes when you get a fill? Sounds like you're experiencing slippage or pouch dialation issues. I haven't gone back and read your history lately (BAD BLOG FRIEND, I know!), but since I'm a president of the un-fill club due to slipped bands and dialated pouches, I can recognize the symptoms. Anyway, I hope you get back on track & start feeling better! Congrats on your over 70lb loss! That's great!!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the loss! Glad you're feeling better!