Friday, January 13, 2012

Houston, We Have A Problem

I've been in denial this week, but for sure I have a problem. First the band had been super tight for a while and I knew it was because of my T.O.M.

I'm never able to eat for about 3 days when it's 'my time'. I know that. However, this month things have not gotten better, even after TOM left town. In fact, I haven't eaten anything solid in 3 days.
I've been surviving on about 700 calories a day, forcing myself to have a protein shake in the morning, and sipping broth or pudding later in the day. It's a struggle, and to make it worse, I've started to have the dreaded heart burn. I'm not getting in even half of my water each day, because it just won't go down.
I had to sleep sitting up on the couch last night because of reflux.

I called to try to get in to the surgeon but he's in surgery all day on Fridays.

By the grace of God, he has a fill clinic in the morning. I CAN'T WAIT to get in there, I will be there as soon as he opens his doors, and beg him for a deflate. I think I have a dilated pouch. In fact I'm almost sure of it.
The tightness is different this time. I have never in 17 months had trouble drinking water, until now.
Thankfully I'm not in pain (which would make me think it's a slip). Just unable to eat, and heartburn. I went and bought an OTC acid reducer which has helped me tons.

I have lost a few pounds this week of course. Gee, not eating seems to have that effect on people. I weighed in at 156 this morning, an all time low for me. I imagine once I get the un fill I may bounce back up a bit, and I'm perfectly OK with that. I like losing weight, but not like this.

I'll update after the meeting with the doc tomorrow.
Prayers for a 'fixable' problem, and no surgical procedure needed!

Have a great night everyone.

11 comments:

Jody V said...

Good luck!

Lap Band Gal said...

Hope you get that unfill! :-) sending you good vibes. Let us know how it goes.

Sarah G said...

Good luck!!

April said...

Fingers crossed that all is well!

o.c. bandster said...

Oh boy...I feel for you. Sorry you have been so tight...I know how miserable that can be. Hope it goes well tomorrow and you get some relief

Dani said...

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

Caron said...

I'm glad you're getting it checked out so you can eat again. Chin up. :)

Andrea said...

Praying that things go well today and you just need a little fluid taken out!

It's me, Cheri! said...

Praying for you! How are you feeling?

PS: new follower here!

Justawallflower said...

Oh no! You definitely need to get in there ASAP! I hope its nothing serious. Take care!

Ronnie said...

Don't assume the worst! Hope all went well with the defill!