Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's My 'Versary

Today marks 17 months since being banded!

In honor of the bandiversary, I weighed in again today.
I'm at 156. That's one pound up from my 'super sick-unable to eat' weight of 155.
I expected that.

That means I'm down a total of 74 pounds.

My BMI is 26.
It used to be 39.

I'm now 6 pounds overweight.
I used to be 80 pounds overweight.


I used to look like this...


August 2010
Now I look like this...


January 2012


I'm really not bragging here. I'm in shock. I can NOT believe how far I've come and quite often still think of myself as the 'old' me. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around what I look like now. I see all the flaws.
I was telling a friend today that I don't even know how to shop for cool clothes because when you've spent your entire life being obese, cute clothes are not an option. This is the first time in my life that I've been able to go into any store and shop without struggling to find something to fit. It's a lot easier to shop for a size 10 than it is for 18/20 except that I never learned how to do this. I don't know how to do normal.


So today I'm posting these stats and pictures for my readers, and for me.
For you so you can see that it CAN be done, even when you struggle and plateau. It happens, and you'll get past it. If I did, you will too.
And for me because I need to be constantly reminded that I've done well. I need to stop being so darn hard on myself and really see the progress I've made. I need to remember that I am successful. 
Even on my worst day, I'm not the old me.


With that I bid you all a good night.
Be healthy, one step at a time.

6 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Congrats! you're doing GREAT!

Sam said...

You are looking amazing :o)

And I like that line, I forget too easily that I am so much better than when I started this journey, even on my worst days, so thanks for the reminder :o)

Vanessa said...

You look great!

Sarah G said...

Happy 'Versary! You are looking fantabulous!!

Justawallflower said...

Oh my goodness! You are so tiny! And have done WONDERFUL things!

Ronnie said...

Woohoo! You look great, lady! :)