Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Trying to Catch Up

I usually post on Saturday but this week I totally skipped it for several reasons. First of all because I had to work and had to leave the house before the crack of dawn (way before!).

Then at work I was swamped with non-stop calls, and severe dizzy spells.
I have very low blood pressure and every once in a while I know it's way down because I can't even stand up without feeling like the room is spinning. That was my Saturday.

Then there's the issue that I've gained weight since my un-fill. *sigh*.
At the time of the un-fill you may remember I was down to a crazy new low of 155. I had never been that weight before in my life and only got there because I was so darn sick I couldn't eat a morsel without seeing it again. I knew once I had the un-fill that the weight would come back on, and it has, but I'm still ridiculously unhappy about it. I keep trying to remind myself that losing 70 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, but my heart says "well, 75 is WAY better than 70". Talk about self hatred. Sheesh!

I'm totally stressed out at the moment which does NOT help with the weight loss at all. We found a house in Wisconsin, which is great. However that leaves me here trying to pack up, clean, get rid of stuff, keep the house in order for possible showings, stress about having 2 mortgage payments, along with all my regularly scheduled duties...and on and on and on.
I'm not sleeping well. I fall asleep fine but then wake up somewhere around 2am. unable to relax. Stress bites the big one!

On a more positive note, I've been keeping up the exercise like it's my part time job. One of my close friends joined my gym recently and she's been getting me to do classes that I never thought I'd try, and meeting me there at times that I don't normally go. It's so much more fun when you have a friend to go with! She's dragging me to Zumba tomorrow, which I've never done. I guess we can laugh at each other, and our lack of rhythm.

And today I did something I haven't done in 16 months. I ATE breakfast. I didn't drink a protein shake. I actually cooked oatmeal (with milk for added protein) and sat down at the table with my kids and ate. I was hoping the semi-solid food would keep me full longer than the shake. Even though it felt great to eat warm food for breakfast, it did not keep me full longer. I found myself digging through the pantry at 9:30am. Maybe tomorrow I'll try eggs.

On that note, I'm going to call it a night and try to get some quality sleep.
Have a good one!

7 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

awesome job keeping up with that exercise! :)

Linda Sherwood said...

I need to get your commitment when it comes to exercise. :)

Caron said...

Ah stress and all the nastiness that goes with it. I can definitely identify with this post especially the part about moving.

I eat oatmeal several times a week but I usually get hungry mid morning and have either an apple or an orange. A gym buddy is GREAT! Hang in there. :)

Sam said...

Streets tress can be very hard on a girl with a band! I hope you get a good nights sleep and have fun at Zumba :o)

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Holy crap - I'm exhausted just reading everything you have to do and have been doing. I hope you get some down time soon.

Tara Sedov said...

I've had oatmeal a couple of times and always get hungry quickly... Makes me sad cause I used to love that stuff, oh well! I hope you get some rest soon!

Ronnie said...

I'm with you, eating breakfast ain't all it's cracked up to be. I always DO, but it's usually greek yogurt and a protein bar... after drinking however many cups I decide I need to before eating. Blah.

Hope you're feeling better with the dizzy spells! Sorry for the late comment.