Thursday, January 5, 2012

Maybe I Misjudged Phil

The jury's still out, but I many have blamed Phil for what's going a bit too soon. This might not be band related.

I DID wake up choking on my own reflux again at 3am. That was not pleasant, and a bit shocking. I can probably blame Phil for that, since I stayed on full liquids all day and it didn't help.

However, today I feel like big doo doo. For the first time in a couple of years, I think I'm getting sick. This morning I figured I was just feeling weak because of the whole lack of eating food thing. I had  planned on going to a class at the gym, and told kiddo #2 that she could go into the play room. She loves it there. By the time we got there I was so cold and shaking so badly that I literally couldn't get my teeth to stop chattering!
So, when the play room attendant asked "Where will you be?" instead of answering "group fitness", the answer that came out of my mouth was "In the sauna, for as long as I can stand it".

I kid you not, I didn't even want to take my clothes off to go in there because I was so cold! I sat in the steam room for about 35 minutes, breathing in the eucalyptus, sipping lots of water and trying not to choke.

Every bone in my body aches. I'm tired. I'm weak. I have no appetite. I have a mild irritating cough.

After the sauna I stood in the hot shower for another 30 minutes. I looked like a lobster when I walked out of there.

I had plans on going to 3 stores after the gym but decided to just do one and get the bare essentials. Kiddo got a cookie from the bakery lady. She offered me a bite and I thought I was going to lose it. This is me we're talking about. They named the Cookie Monster after me, ya' know.

I have Tylenol in the house but am deathly afraid to take it because I don't want it to get stuck. Phil is not my friend right now, and I don't trust him.
I have the liquid stuff but it's 'cold and flu' formula which will knock me out. I still have to be the responsible adult for a few more hours, so that's not going to work just yet.

So I think I'll wait until tomorrow to call for an un-fill appointment. I may need one anyway, but I'd rather wait one more day to see what happens.

I just had a SF popsicle and am hoping for an acid free nap. We'll see how this goes.

Stay well people!

5 comments:

Caron said...

It does sound like you're coming down with something. I hope it doesn't last long and you're back in the game soon. Take care.

Sarah G said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Beth Ann said...

:( I do hope you feel better soon!

Ronnie said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon, hon. :(

Any improvement this morning?

Maria said...

Hope you're feeling better! I love those eucalyptus saunas!