Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

I've never done a "10 things" post but I'm sitting here on my lazy butt and have a million things running through my mind, so why not.

1. We found a house in Wisconsin. We just had it inspected and it did fairly well except that it's a 20 year old house with 20 year old windows. I guess that comes along with the territory. We close in about a month.

2. I was supposed to meet a friend at spin class yesterday and when I got there the class was full. I decided to go upstairs to the fitness floor and do my own thing. BORING! I ran 4 laps around the track, lifted weights on a bunch of boring machines, and did about a zillion crunches. Now I know why I love group fitness classes so much. They are NOT boring.

3. I've been using myfitnesspal.com to track my food, instead of writing it in my little note book. It's pretty cool and I've been faithfully tracking every day. I haven't lost an ounce. Nice.

4. I'm going to Vegas in less than a month with my sister and BFF. I'm pretty sure I only have one cool outfit to wear, and I have no cool shoes to match said outfit. Now is not the time to go shopping, since we are buying a house. Doesn't it figure that I am finally at a great place with my weight and body shape, I could totally wear some super sexy outfits, and I have no money to buy anything. This is my life.

5. Hubby and I plan on taking the entire day Sunday to clean, organize, and get our current house ready for sale. I don't know how I'll keep it 'show ready' with two messy kids running around. I'm pretty sure that's impossible. *sigh*

6. Even though I haven't lost any more weight, my favorite jeans are too big in the waist. I think the core exercise class I've been taking is working its magic. I really need to take measurements.

7. I'm still having occasional, minor heartburn. It usually happens when my stomach is completely empty, like in the morning before breakfast. Residual effects from being way too tight and irritated? I'm keeping an eye on it.

8.  I'm patiently waiting for my 6 year old to get home so she can keep the 4 1/2 year old busy and I can get stuff done. That's the way it works around here!

9. I've been packing a little bit every day and still feel like I've gotten nothing done. It's never ending. We've only lived here 5 years yet we have so much stuff! Where did it all come from, and where do I put it now? I've been secretly throwing out and donating stuff when my kids are at school. I can't fathom moving all this junk!

10. It's 40 degrees here in Chicago, and I really should be outside enjoying this rare winter weather. I'm so lazy!

Have a great day everyone. See you Saturday!

5 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

YAY for Wisconsin!!! Now you'll be a cheesehead!

speck said...

Well I loved your first post! Thanks for sharing. And have fun in Vegas.

Z said...

losing inches is something to celebrate...GOOD FOR YOU!

Caron said...

Buying and selling houses is definitely stressful. Good for you losing inches. :)

Ronnie said...

I would send you some cute clothes, but you're a skinny mini... so I have nothing that would fit you. ;)