Sunday, January 15, 2012

Update on the Situation, and a Weigh In

Hi All.
We're out of town looking at houses again but I wanted to take a minute to let you know what happened at the doctor appt. yesterday.
Thankfully my doc was having a fill clinic at 8:30 and you bet your butt I was there at 8:29!
When I walked in he turned around, looked me up and down and said
 "Oh My God, you're so little!"
Yes, I love that man but um...I can't eat a morsel so you gotta' do something about this. He asked how much he put in last time and I had to remind him "You didn't. Last time I was here was for an un-fill of .25". And for those of you who want your band tight and think an un-fill will cause you to gain weight, I'm here to tell you that since that last un-fill in October to now, I've lost 16 pounds. Being able to eat real food definitely has its benefits.

He suggested we take out a full CC this time and see if I have any relief. If not, he would deflate the band and take an upper GI in 3 weeks. I'm not sure why the 3 weeks, but that's how he does things.
I can tell you I had 2 sips of a protein shake that morning and felt it sitting there all the way to his office, refusing to go down. As soon as he removed the 1CC I heard and felt that gurgle, sweet gurgle! Hallelujiah, RELIEF!
I drank the rest of the shake on the way home and guess what? No Problemo!

I'm so happy there was no dilatation and no serious complication. Once again, something irritated the band and for some reason, with me at least, the irritation will not go down on its own.

So, with all the craziness of not being able to eat, I lost some serious weight. Here's my weigh in for this week...I'm now at 155 which brings me a total loss to date of

75 pounds

Forgive me for not getting too excited about this awesome milestone. Yes, I lost the weight, but not in a good way. Not due to hard work and exercise. The weight loss was a result of not being able to eat ANY solid food for a week. I continued to track my calories and protein intake even though I wasn't eating much. I was at about 700 calories a day and 45g of protein. I was pretty proud of that protein intake considering the situation.
I don't want to jinx myself, but I am a realist and I imagine a couple pounds will come back now that I'm able to eat again. We'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be back in a day or two!

9 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Caron said...

I hope this week is a lot better for you. :)

Dani said...

What a relief for you, enjoy being able to eat and drink:)

speck said...

Happy you got that relief that you needed. And congrats on the 75 pounds. Awesome.

Justawallflower said...

So glad you found relief! Even if you do have an initial gain it won't stick around!

Sarah G said...

So glad you're feeling better!

April said...

So good that you are feeling better and 75lbs down! Woo Hoo!

20 to go! said...

So glad that you can eat real food again. It's horrible when nothing will go down and it has such horrible health implications (hair loss, teeth and gum problems) - yuk!

Ronnie said...

SO glad you're feeling better. Yay! :)