Monday, February 27, 2012

Recovering from Vegas!

I'm back from my whirlwind weekend in Vegas with the girls. We had a great time! The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and the company was great.
I hadn't seen my BFF since August, and my sister since September so it was great timing.

I didn't do anything too crazy, except pretend to get a tattoo and have my sis take a picture so we could try to freak out my husband. He didn't buy it. He knows me too well!

I got to see first hand how well my band really works, even though I only have 4CC in a 14CC band. It was weird how half way through the day my travel buddies would say they were hungry, and then I'd realize I wasn't hungry at all! That never happened before.

My food choices weren't stellar while in Vegas but we walked A LOT and I drank water all day long.

We would go down for coffee and a scone (our choices were cake, cookies, scones, or bagels) around 10am. That scone would sit in my pouch for about 5 hours, and then we would stop for lunch around 3pm. That NEVER happens when I'm home, where I tend to eat all day.
We'd have our main meal at 3:00, and that was about it for me for the day. Only once did I eat again, around 8pm. because we were going out drinking, so I forced myself to eat a side order of mashed potatoes.
Other than that I ate when I was hungry, and didn't when I wasn't. What a novel idea!

I didn't hit the gym once, despite the best of intentions. I brought my exercise gear with me and even called the hotel in advance to make sure they had a gym on site. BUT staying up to 3am. and having copious amounts of alcohol sort of sucks the desire to exercise right out of ya'!

I'd heard from many people that band tightness can be a problem when traveling by air. I arrived in Vegas late at night and didn't try to eat anything. I just had a nice frosty drink. I was fine the whole trip, eating normal food in small quantities. However, now that I'm home, I'm tight as a freaking drum and haven't eaten much of anything. This sucks! I can't imagine what this would feel like if I was still at my old fill level. I'm trying to drink some coffee right now and I can hear it squeak down. This is ridiculous, and I'm so glad it didn't happen while I was on vacation!

Hopefully tomorrow things will be back to normal, and I'll be caught up on all the sleep I feel deprived of.
I had a fantastic time but believe me, I won't be doing a girls weekend again for a very long time. I'm getting too old for this!

I'm going to try to catch up on some blog reading tonight.
Until next time, be well!

6 comments:

Jody V said...

Sounds like a great time! I do very well in Vegas with food also. Maybe it's the surroundings and I'm always so relaxed.

Beth Ann said...

Who makes good food choices in Vegas? That would just be silly. :) Glad you had a good time!

Ronnie said...

So glad you had a good time, and that you didn't eat mindlessly... that's how the head hunger monster gets me in its grips, eating just because everyone else is!

Dani said...

What a great feeling when you see that a behaviour has changed since you've had the band! I love Vegas:)

Linda Sherwood said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I hope your band quits imitating a drum soon! :)

Angie said...

Stress causes tightness. Maybe you were so relaxed on your trip that when you came home the reality set in subconciously and the band tightened up.

I know that if I am eating and my kids are fighting at the table or near me I get stuck. It stressed me out.