Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Weigh In and Another 'Versary

I can't believe it's been a month but it's already my 'versary again! It's been 18 months since being banded. As of yesterday morning my weight was 157.5 which brings me to a grand total weight loss of...

72.5

Definitely heading in the right direction. I just went back and read the one year bandiversary post and saw at that point I was down 60 pounds. That seems odd to me since I'm always complaining about plateaus and stalled weight loss! 12.5 pounds in the last 6 months isn't too shabby, considering I'm at the tail end of the weight loss portion of my journey. I'm too hard on myself and I know it (most of the time).

I just said to the hubby yesterday that when we got married, I weighed 183. I had been doing Weight Watchers for the year leading up to our wedding. I felt perfectly fine, healthy, happy and never imagined myself needing to lose much more. So why is it that now, at 157ish, I feel like I'm always going to be fat, and that I REALLY NEED to lose that last 10 pounds? Why am I always pushing for more? I don't think I really know the answer but I suspect it has something to do with that feeling that goes along with losing weight. I love my scale when it tells me I've had a loss. I miss that feeling when it doesn't happen. At this point the numbers aren't going down all that often, reasonably so. This is normal, and I know in my logical brain it's normal, but still I want to see a lower number! I promise you I'm not going to become anorexic or anything like that (I like food too much for that!). I'm just sharing because I suspect there are others out there who are experiencing the same emotion.

And just to keep with tradition, I had the hubs take my monthly pic today. Here, for your comparison pleasure are pictures from day one, and today (while trying on my  new size 10 jeans!)...

August 18, 2010
February 19. 2012

7 comments:

chloes_countdown said...

Congrats!!!
you look smazing :)

Andrea said...

You look great!

Caron said...

Very nice indeed. It does get slower when you get to the last few pounds but you are making it work. :)

Beth Ann said...

Aren't we nuts? I think what finally helped me get it together was realizing that the last time I weighed under 200, I thought I was hot-hot-hot! So now at 190, I'm just not allowed to think of myself as fat. :) So far, so good, but I do really want to lose more. Ha!

Sarah G said...

You're doing great!!!

MizFit said...

THAT'S AMAZING!!

Ronnie said...

You look so great! :) And I know what you mean, I'm always striving for more... are we weight loss addicts now?