Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Weigh In and the Lady Time Blues

I mentioned in my last post that I seem to be holding steady at a 70-71 pound loss. I guess that's my body's new happy place. I'm learning to live with it (not love it). I enjoyed my 5 minutes of fame when I had actually lost 75, and that day is a thing of the past, at least for now.
So, my official Saturday weigh in is 160 pounds. My starting weight was 230. Not too shabby.

Now, I have a story to share with you my dears...

A few months ago I decided to go off the pill. I had decided that the pill was to blame for why I hit a plateau and couldn't get off. Weight gain is one of the very common side effects of the pill, and although I wasn't gaining, I wasn't losing either.

You should know that the reason I'm on the pill is for mood stabilization (read: so I won't kill my husband, or he won't divorce me!). I have PMS in the worst possible sense of the term. It's rough.
I went off for a few months, and did break that plateau.

Then last month I decided I'd had enough and was ready to go back on (and hubby would concur). I called my GYN to ask for a prescription renewal. They informed me that I was due for an annual check up of the lady parts, and the doc wouldn't authorize a new script until I was seen. *sigh*.
You'd think I was asking for narcotics to sell on the streets!
I made the appointment and they informed me that I couldn't see my regular doc, that I'd have to see his partner in the practice. My doc is an old, squirrely, balding guy with glasses. No problemo.
His partner is exactly my age and hotter than George Clooney on his best day!
Holy Hannah, I have to hop on the table and spread eagle for Hot Doctor? Shoot me now.

Whatever, give me the appointment, I need to get back on this darn pill before my husband decides to move to Wisconsin without me!

And OF COURSE the day of the appointment arrives, along with my period. I call to explain that I cannot come in, will need to reschedule, and PLEASE, for the love of Pete, call me in a prescription for one month to get me through this hell I'm living in.
Ms. No Personality nurse tries to tell me that I need to be seen before I can get a new script. Gee, I've heard this somewhere before. LADY! I can't come in to be examined by Dr. Hotness while there's a horror show going on down below. If I could, I would. Now, give me my damn pills!
After some begging and pleading, I finally convinced her to go talk to the doc and get ONE month of the pill called in. Really? Are birth control pills a hot commodity these days?

So, today I'm officially back on the pill and promising myself that I will remember this debacle next time I try to go off, for any reason.

And, the best part of the story? When I called to reschedule the appointment, the date and time I chose that best fit my schedule means that once again I have to see Dr. Hottie. I guess I just can't dodge that bullet!
Here's to hoping that over the last couple years he's gone bald and lost a few of his perfect teeth.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

5 comments:

E. Jane said...

First of all, congrats on your wonderul weight loss! I'm happy for you. As for seeing Dr. Hottie--That's a tough one, especially a GYN. I always like them old, bald, and with a few extra pounds.

Just a few thoughts on docs in general: Many doctors (both male and female) don't understand obesity and food addiction. They seem to think that being overweight is just a matter of eating less--of whatever you want. For many of us, that just doesn't work. There should be a specialty field of internal medicine that is dedicated just to dealing with obese patients and their issues.

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Good God - why did they make that so difficult!? Hope it helps soon.

Linda Sherwood said...

How weird! My doctor no longer ties in the lady-parts visit to prescribing birth control -- even the first time.

Beth Ann said...

I still have to do my annual exam before I get my full year script, but if it overlaps a bit, they are super good about giving me a short term one.

I absolutely could not have a hot doc for this. I go to a very nice girl who is about 5-10 years younger than me. :)

Ronnie said...

This is why I have women doctors! Don't care if they're hot or not. :)