Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Survived

We made it back from Wisconsin in one piece, and didn't even kill each other! The kids had a blast and even mentioned more than once that they didn't want to come home. We disovered we get along just fine with no cable TV, no internet and no beds.

We camped out on the floor with our sleeping bags.
We cleaned all the bathrooms.
We made pizza in our brand new, totally high-tech oven.
We (meaning they) banged out many tunes on that darn piano that was left in the house.
We watched Mary Poppins on DVD.
We walked our property (all 1.6 acres of it!).
We cleaned up one of the many flower beds.
We walked the neighborhood.
We found the grocery store and discovered that the Piggly Wiggly is a REAL place, and not just something in movies. Who knew?
We unpacked a couple of boxes.
We taped the edging of one of the bedrooms to prepare for painting.

All in all it was a pretty productive weekend. While there the Realtor from the Illinois house called to say we have a purchase offer. We weren't expecting it to sell so fast since houses in our neighborhood tend to sit around for a while. But we did price it to sell, so there you have it! I guess we'll be moving up to the new house sooner than we thought. We haven't completely broken the news to the kids yet. My 6 year old has a problem with anxiety so the thought of being the new kid in a new school, and leaving her friends at her current school could be pretty scary for her. I don't want to give her too much time to think about it.

While out on our walk we discovered a street that is a REALLY steep hill. In fact the name of the street is "Top-O-The-Hill". It's quite a hike. We didn't go all the way up because we were wearing sandals, and my 4 year old was complaining that she couldn't make it on her short legs.
However, I was thinking about what a great work out that will be once we're actually living there and I can get out for a run/walk without the kiddos. I'm looking forward to developing calves of steel from that hill!

But for now, it's not even 8:00 and I'm completely exhausted. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. I'll try to catch up on blog reading tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone!

3 comments:

Caron said...

I think your time without all the "extras" sounds like a lot of fun. :) Hope your house does sell quickly. That would be great.

Beth Ann said...

That is awesome! What a nice time with the girls.

Cece said...

Hi Ronda ... that's a lot going on ! And, I read ahead - your little girl under the bed - and you thought you were tired ! The entire post tired me out too :) Glad things are moving along for you and your family !