Monday, March 5, 2012

Manic Monday!

I don't know why it seems to be on Monday that I finally find a minute to sit down and write a blog post, but that's the trend in my life lately.

Here's a re-cap/catch-up of my life in the past week...

We've had 4 showings in 4 days at our Illinois home. I'm grateful for all the activity and interest in the house, but man, keeping the house in 'show ready' condition all the time is exhausting!

I missed my favorite class at the gym twice because of house showings, and that sort of ticks me off. Not cool.

I was told a while ago I would not have to be at the closing for the new house as long as I signed a zillion pieces of paperwork before hand, which I did. Then our lender called with less than one days notice to tell me he was wrong, and I WOULD have to be there after all.
The girls and I drove up to Wisconsin on Thursday afternoon, had dinner with the hubby, spent the night in a hotel, and closed on our new home on Friday morning. We then piled into our cars and headed back to Illinois because I had to work on Saturday.
Do you know how weird it is to get the keys to a new house and not even spend the night there? I wouldn't have scheduled myself to work had I known I was going to be up in Wisconsin at the house closing!

We drove right into the eye of a major storm on the way home from Wisconsin, which doubled our drive time. Fun times, I tell ya'!

I've had no change in my weight which is a victory for me at this point. With all the changes in my schedule and disruption in my exercise routine, I'm happy to not have gained. I can get back to the business of actual weight loss when things calm down. I'm proving that I can do maintenance.

We decided to have a 'family fun day' yesterday and took the girls to see The Lorax. It was awesome to hear them laugh out loud and just be kids, especially with all these changes going on in their little lives.
Later we baked energy bars together, played the Wii and had a nice dinner. I love those moments.

My lactose intolerance seems to be getting worse. I've never fully given up dairy. I did switch to soy milk, but when I have other cheese/dairy products I just take Lactase. Tthat was working fine until a couple days ago. Now it doesn't matter if I take the pill or not, I find myself in a constant state of minor intestinal discomfort and bloating. I know I should just bite the bullet and give up cheese, but I can't do it! Isn't it sad that I'd rather suffer than give up the foods that bother me? Probably why I was obese for most of my life. *sigh*.

I continue to struggle with leaving comments on blogs. On Saturday I managed to get many of them to post with no problem, but some still won't take. So, if I'm not commenting on your blog, it's nothing personal, I just can't get it to work!

Now I think I'm caught up. I'm going to read some more blogs now and hopefully it won't be a full week before I get to post again.
Until next time, be well!

3 comments:

Robyn's Nest said...

Sounds like everything is crazy busy for you

o.c. bandster said...

Wow things are busy for you! Keep it up & crossing my fingers that your house sells

Beth Ann said...

That sounds exhausting. :) I hope you get a break soon. Fun day with the kiddos though!