Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1. Hubby's back from Asia! We all missed him terribly.

2. We are having movers here on Saturday to take a lot of our things up to the house in Wisconsin. I really shouldn't be sitting here on the computer. I should be packing!

3. I went to kick boxing at 5:15am. today since hubby was home to stay with the kiddos. I haven't been able to take the Thursday class in so long since he's been working out of town. It felt good.

4. OK, I packed 2 boxes just to avoid feeling like a slacker.

5. It's been 80 degrees here in the Chicago area for more than a week. I dragged out all the summer clothes, and for the first time in my life I didn't have to worry about if they'd fit! My size 10's went right on with no problems. For the first time in my life I have PLENTY of clothes (and they all fit).

6. We're spending our spring break up at the new house, but it will not be much of a vacation. There will be tons of unpacking, and that ginormous garden that needs some attention. We'll have plenty to keep us busy all week.

7. Since I'll be away from my gym for a week I've told hubby that I want to go for a long walk every morning before he heads out to work. I'm thinking that huge hill down the road has my name all over it. I can't wait to see how far it goes and how long it takes me to tackle it. The old me never would have considered such a thing!

8. We're trying to eat through all the food we have in our fridge and freezer before the big move. It's killing me not to go buy the things I see on sale each week, especially when I know it's a good deal. It just makes more sense to not have to try to move perishables to the new house. Anyone want to come over for frozen coffee cake and left over birthday cake?!

9. I have discovered that no matter how slow I eat, or how much I chew, I can't tolerate sushi. I'm pretty sure it's the rice (because that's what came back up later). I have to say losing 72 pounds, but having to give up sushi is a pretty fair trade. I'll live.

10. I saw the dietitian from my surgeons office going into the grocery store just ahead of me this morning. I didn't run into her in the store though and that's a shame because I was pretty darn proud of all the beautiful fresh produce I had in my cart! I'm sure if I had donuts and Doritos in my cart I would have run smack into her.

That's it for now my dears. Still no internet at the Wisconsin house so I doubt I'll be checking in here much over the next week.
Have an awesome week and get out there to enjoy this weather!

2 comments:

Cece said...

Unless the 5:15am class was in my living room - there's no way I could get to it. You go girl !

Dawnya said...

Have a great spring break. I can't wait to see how you transform the garden into something beautiful.

Yeah you for fitting into your clothes.