Saturday, May 26, 2012

Five Months of Maintenance

As I mentioned before, I've been struggling with the idea of staying where I am, or  losing more weight.

I decided to go back in my blog archives and see where I was a few months ago. Looks like I hit the 72 pound mark back in January and have stayed right around there ever since. There was that one week where I gained a few pounds and was scared straight, but other than that, I stay right around 158 every day.

I weighed in at 158.6 yesterday, and that's even with it being my T.O.M.
My body is comfortable here. I could really, REALLY restrict my calories, give up all treats, and kill myself (even more than I already do) at the gym, and get down to 155, but do I really want to do that? I think not.

I talked to the hubby about it and he said he thinks I'm where I should be. He said he's proud of me for how far I've come, and that I have kept the weight off. He wins points.

So, I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to do this. I guess I've been doing it for 5 months, and I still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing! I've never been a 'normal' weight in my entire life. I've always been trying to LOSE weight. I've never tried to maintain before. This is all new territory for me.

I bought a new note book yesterday. I need to start tracking my food again. Doing it on line just doesn't work for me. Back in the beginning, when I was a perfect little bandster, I kept a note book on the kitchen counter, and I wrote down everything I ate throughout the day. I feel I need to do that again just to see where I'm at with calories now. I really have no idea.
Now that I've had an unfill and actually get hungry now, I need to be careful.
Other than tracking, I have no plan for this stage of the journey.

So YOU, my fellow banded bloggers. If you are or have been in maintenance, how about some advice here?

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Sarah G said...

I've been in maintenance for a year now. I still log my calories and workouts, I've been using myfitnesspal. I have fallen off the logging wagon off and on but find my way back when I start to feel out of control or my pants don't fit quite right. :) You've just got to find what works for you and work it, just like during the loss phase.

Robyn's Nest said...

It sounds to me like you have been doing a great job. Congrats on hitting your decision that you are where you want to be.

Michelle said...

I say listen to your body... Your happy, healthy weight, eating what makes you happy... This is the goal. I hope to be where you are now this time next year.

o.c. bandster said...

I am 6 lbs away from goal myself and am wondering what I will be doing differently during maintenance.

I say, keep doing what u are doing...u are already rockin maintenance!

Ronnie said...

I move as much as I can, record calories, and all the same things as losing stage BUT I don't obsess over my food choices anymore. I'm just through with the guilt.

That's the only thing I've changed since entering maintenance. Then again, I've only been here for two months. :)