Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Had a Wonderful Mother's Day...How 'bout You?

Like I mentioned in my last post, we went to the zoo for Mother's Day. We went on Saturday though because we figured Sunday would be over crowded (Mom's get in free on Mother's Day), and we were right. We were able to walk around for hours and not fight crowds to see stuff. The kids were super excited because they had been saving their own money for months so they could buy those 'mold a rama' model animals. They bought 3 different ones with their own money, and felt so proud. They saw some other stuff while we were there that they'd like to buy, so we used that as an opportunity to explain that they'll have to start saving again for our next visit. All good stuff.

After the zoo we had some shopping to do at Co$tco. The girls picked me out a big bouquet of flowers and hubby bought me a bottle of Kahlua. That's my kind of gift! I like to have a drink once in a while but can't stand the taste of alcohol, if that makes any sense. So, I can have a shot of Kahlua in my coffee or with some soy milk, and I'm good. That bottle will last me a VERY long time since I'm the only one who drinks it.

On Sunday morning kiddo #1 woke me up before the crack of dawn to tell me Happy Mother's Day. She's so lucky she's cute, and that I love her, because 5:45am. is not a reasonable time to wake up on a Sunday!
The one thing I asked for was that we all go out for ice cream together. The girls and I have been talking about this for weeks, and had our flavors all picked out. We went to Culver's and got a mixer, each different ones so we could share. It was such a nice treat, especially since I've been off the treats for a while.
After the ice cream we all worked in the yard for HOURS, so I'm pretty sure I worked most of that off.

Just to not be discouraged, I did not step on the scale yesterday or today. However, on Saturday morning I did and I was back down to my 'normal' weight before that horrid 4 pound gain.
I can only hope that I've kept it off. I'll see for sure on Wednesday.

Last night I was up half the night with a pukey kid. I kept them both home with me today and we're all exhausted. I think mostly I'm exhausted, and they're hanging in there.
Since I couldn't go for a run today I've used this 'stay home day' opportunity to get stuff done around here. It's not even noon and I've already cleaned the carpets on the 2nd floor, stripped and re-made the kids beds, washed dishes, and have a load of laundry going. I guess that little funk I was in is pretty much gone, thank God!
Now on to the 1st floor, then I'm pretty sure it will be nap time for all of us.

I hope you ladies all had a wonderful Mother's Day and got to spend it with the people who mean the most to you.

4 comments:

o.c. bandster said...

sounds like a great mother's day!!!

Kristin50 said...

That pukey stuff stinks. I had it on Mother's Day and I too stayed home yesterday! Sounds like you had a terrific day though!

Caron said...

My Mother's Day was good too. Hope the kiddos are all better soon. :)

Ronnie said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day with the girls, and that your gain is gone! That's an awesome present. :)