Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

I think this is my favorite blogging day because it allows me to get caught up with all the stuff I've been meaning to write about but just haven't had the time. So here goes...

1. I joined the gym yesterday. It felt good to be back in it. I did Body Pump, and for any of you who have done that class, you know that 'first time' feeling you get the morning after. Yeah, I have that. I don't know if I can walk straight today my thighs are so sore! I'm going back tomorrow.

2. I love going for runs in my new neighborhood. It's a pretty rural area so it's so full of nature, and it's really a quiet. I don't even bring my ipod, I just enjoy the peacefulness of it. However because it's so rural, people tend to just let their dogs out in the yard with no leash or fence. I can understand that BUT I've been chased TWICE. One of the dogs was friendly and just wanted to play, the other little pisser was growling and showing his nasty teeth. I'm thinking about getting some pepper spray to bring along with me just in case. I'd hate to have to use it, but I really don't want to get bit either.

3. The girls and I planted a huge veggie garden the other day. It took a very long time to get the soil turned, pull the weeds, plant, etc. Then, as my life seems to be a constant comedy of errors, we couldn't get the outside water to work. I knew where the main valve was but couldn't get anything to happen when I turned it. That meant we had to fill buckets of water from the house and carry them out to the garden, which is WAY back in the yard, over and over again. This, I'm sure, counts as a cardio work out!
We've since figured out the water situation, so that won't be happening again!

4. My husband's job had a health fair yesterday. They gave him a fitness profile. He told me his results, and I told him I hated him.
This is a man who does only cardio a couple of times a week. He never lifts weights, EVER. He eats at least twice as much as I do, and that's a modest estimate. His body fat is something like 17%. He has a super high metabolism so they estimate he can eat about 2300 calories a day and maintain his current weight. Did you know I have to stay around 1400 calories a day if I don't want to gain weight?! I also work out almost every day doing both cardio and weight training.
I have just 2 words for you. MEN SUCK!

5. To expand on #4 I'd like to share with you what my husband took to work for lunch today.

  • 2 good size pieces of fish (left over from last night)
  • some broccoli
  • 1 cup of cous cous
  • 1 banana
  • 2 yogurts
  • some oatmeal to mix in the yogurts
  • 1 cheese stick


Want to know what I'm having for lunch today?

  • 1 yogurt
  • a handful of granola to mix in the yogurt
Yeah, that's fair.

6. I've been having heart burn again. I seriously think I need ANOTHER unfill. This would be my 3rd in a row, with no fills in between. I thought the band was supposed to get looser over time. That's never happened for me. I've had more un fills than fills. After the last un fill, I was able to eat chicken which was like a dream come true. I can't do that any more. What gives?!

7. John Deere sent me my very own PINK hat to wear while mowing the lawn on the rider. It's going to be 80 degrees here on Saturday. I'll be proudly sporting my pink Deere hat, and getting my tan on!

8. Read this story...
It's sad, and makes me think this fella' needs some restriction. Or common sense. Or self control. Just sad.

9. My new sun room furniture will be here in a couple days. I can't wait, not only because it's pretty and comfortable, but because I gauge my progress according to how many rooms in the house are finished. That will make one more room on the 'finished' list, and that makes me smile!

10. Today I started back on my 'drink a liter of water first thing in the morning' quest. When I was doing that I had no problem getting all my water in for the day, I felt better, and I was full longer. I don't know why I stopped, but I'm back on. Why don't you join me?!

That's all for now my loves. I'm heading out to the garden to pull some major weeds (and burn some calories).
Enjoy the rest of your day!


6 comments:

Caron said...

I read the article and all I can think is how generous the restaurant has been with him and look how he's acting. They let him carry a tab and it is unpaid? Really?

Your new neighborhood sounds great and I agree with you about the scary, teeth baring dogs. They terrify me. Hope you have a good weekend. :)

o.c. bandster said...

You are a gardening animal!

Btw, our husbands might be related...except mine will add dinner & beers & ice cream to that lunch. Oh....plus 6 slices of toast w/ eggs in a.m. Makes me crazy.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Congrats on joining the gym and planting the veggie garden!! I hate heartburn so hope you feel better soon. I have a sun room! I bet you are loving the new furniture. that is awesome!

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Great TTT!

Kristin50 said...

I will tell you that I was like you as I only had two fills in 4.5 years with the band. I would get so tight, I could barely eat solid protein. If you are having reflux and heartburn, please do not ignore it. You will not be doing your band a favor if you do.

I love gardening too!

Ronnie said...

I actually just got back on the drinking water before I eat kick. We can do it together. :)

Also, HO-LEY-CRAP about that article. That's the craziest thing I've read all morning. Which is saying something.