Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thank God It's Thursday!

Cuz I got lot's of stuff to talk about and only a short amount of time in which to do it.

1. Remember when I told you guys I had to take my little one to urgent care to have a tick removed from her scalp? Yeah, that was fun.
Wanna' know what's even more fun than that? Getting a bill for $475.00 for removal of said tick! There's something seriously wrong with the health care system in this country. Either that, or those tweezers the doc used were made out of white gold, dipped in platinum!

2. Kiddo #1 had a 105 fever on Sunday. Took her to urgent care (a different clinic which only charges $55 for a visit!). They said she had all the symptoms of strep, but the test didn't show strep. They decided, much to my surprise, to medicate her anyway. I was happy about that because in my eyes there's nothing normal about a fever that high. Lo and behold she did not have strep, but had the lovely 'hand, foot and mouth disease' instead. YUCK. She kept telling me her feet hurt, so I looked. Sure enough, little blisters on the soles of her feet. Poor kid was a mess. It's a virus. It'll run its course.
I must say I like good ole bacterial infections much better. They go away with drugs. Just sayin'.

3. I've only been to the gym once this week.
Early in the week I was home with the sick kiddo. Yesterday my little one didn't have school, and tomorrow I'm volunteering at the school. I don't like missing so many days, but I did manage to go for a 2 mile run yesterday, and body pump today. I may have to go over the weekend to try to make up for lost time. Summer is on the way and I want buff arms!

4. Two days ago it was 94 degrees here in southern Wisconsin. Today it's not even going to hit 60. Wassup' with that? I'm not liking this!

5. I spent most of yesterday morning thinking about Beth Ann, and her surgery which she has posted about openly, so I'm sure she won't mind me mentioning it here. She is awesome, and the rock star in my life who I want to emulate. I keep thinking about how proud I am of her for taking this next step in her journey to a healthier and happier self.
She emailed me to let me know she is fine and recovering well. Phew!

6. Kiddo #2 just came home from school with much the same symptoms that #1 had just before the hand, foot and mouth. No fever just yet but no energy, no appetite. I JUST said that she never gets sick, and never catches what her sister has. I should learn to keep my mouth shut!

7. I'm struggling daily with hunger since my last unfill. I was too tight for so long that I got used to eating slider foods all the time, to try to avoid problems. Even though I can eat regular food now, I'm still in the habit of going for pudding or yogurt. The problem with that is those foods don't keep me full for long, then I'm hungry again and rummaging around for something to eat. It's a vicious cycle that I must stop!
I'm trying, but it's a challenge. It also reminds me of how much I really need this band because doing it on my own is not working so well for me.

8.  I made these cookies with the kids last night. Sure, they're healthy. But how healthy are they if you eat 4 of them? And, her recipe says it makes 14-20 cookies. I got 11. OK, so I like my cookies big! They are super yummy, and I'd make them again. You'll love the web site. Check it out!

9. I'm eating one of the above mentioned cookies right now. See, the power of suggestion.

10. want to take bets on who the next one in the house to get sick will be? Considering that I kiss my kids about a million times a day, and allow them to sleep with me when they're not feeling well, I think my number is up. Only time will tell.

That's it for today lovies! Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 comment:

Kristin50 said...

Sorry that you have had a rough week with all that sickness! Hang in there I am certain they will be better soon!

being too tight is the worst! Make sure to eat solid protein first, it helps keep you fuller longer!