Than 10 Things Thursday!
Phew, I'm so glad it's Thursday because I have so many random things going on in my head, and I really need to do a catch-up post for you all.
1. Tonight will mark one week that we've officially been in our new house. We're still not totally unpacked. *sigh* It really bothers my OCD personality, and I'm working on it every day, but this house is HUGE, and we have a lot of crap...I mean possessions. I must find a place for everything, all while maintaining some sense of normalcy for my kids.
Yesterday I worked on the family room.
2. The day before we left Illinois, my 5 year old woke up with blood on her pillow. I assumed she had a little nose bleed in the middle of the night. Then she asked me to see why she had a bump on the back of her head. Holy Freakin' Mother of God, she had a tick in her head from our play time at the park the evening before. That means it was there ALL NIGHT LONG!
I'm a city kid and had never seen a tick before. I tried to pull that sucker out but he just grabbed harder onto her skin. I ran her over to urgent care (our first time EVER visiting one of those) and they got it out lickety split.
The doc told me ticks are bad right now in Illinois, but that the one he pulled off my kid was the biggest one he had seen this season. Lovely.
When he pulled it out, he set it down on the counter for us to take a look at. That thing still had a bloody piece of my baby's skin in it's mouth! I'm pretty sure I'll be having nightmares about that for a while.
3. My weight is holding steady at 158.2. It's funny how this is my body's new normal and I seem to stay right around here, even when I'm not really trying.
I haven't been to a gym in a week. I'll be joining one here very soon, but for right now my exercise comes mainly from unpacking and moving furniture.
I did go for a run this morning which felt amazing! I had forgotten how much I actually like running outside, especially on a nice crisp Spring morning. This neighborhood is so peaceful, and there are plenty of hills to get the heart pumping.
4. My kids both started at their new school yesterday. They get to ride the bus together for the first time ever, so they're pretty excited about that. They loved all the attention they got on their first day being the 'new kid' in class. The teachers did a great job of making them feel special and welcome. I think we're going to like it here!
5. I've had some sort of cold or allergies going on for a couple of days now and it's causing me to lose my voice. I sound like Marge from the Simpson's or a life time smoker. I have to tell all the new neighbors I meet "I don't normally sound like this". I haven't been sick in 2 years so I guess I really can't complain.
6. My band has been giving me some problems again lately, but this time it's sort of weird. I'm curious to see if this happens to any of you, so here goes.
I will eat something, taking small bites, chewing a lot, etc. Everything seems to go down fine, no stuck feeling, no sliming. Then, anywhere from 2-4 hours later (usually after drinking something) EVERYTHING comes back up. I'm talking the entire meal, along with the water that forced it up. What's up with that?
After this happens, I'm doomed for the rest of the night. It happened with lunch yesterday, so I had to have a protein shake for dinner.
Seriously, I only have about 4CC in a 14CC band, could I really need another un-fill? Am I not chewing enough? I'm at a loss. Crazy.
7. I believe I now live in fresh produce hell. I went grocery shopping today, to 2 different stores. The one store doesn't carry organics at all. The other one carries it but it's more than double the price I usually pay. I must find a market for fruits and veggies! Everything else here in Wisconsin seems to be cheaper, except produce. Isn't this a big farming area? What's up with that!
8. I swear I've lost all muscle tone that I had gained by working out consistently. Aren't our muscles supposed to have at least some memory? When we were getting ready to move I was only going to the gym 2-3 times a week, as opposed to my previous 5-6 times per week. Now I haven't gone at all in a week and I'm telling you, my arms are flapping in the wind! Even my kids have been playing with the flappages. It's so disappointing. I wonder how quickly they will bounce back once I'm on a regular exercise routine again.
9. My little one just woke up screaming. Hubby went running to see what was wrong. She had the worst nose bleed I've ever seen. I'm not sure how it started but it took a very long time to get it under control. Her two main concerns were if she would be going to school tomorrow, and making sure we emptied the garbage before her sister saw all the bloody tissues and got scared. Love her!
10. I've been working on this post on and off for the past 9 hours! I do believe it's time for bed since I clearly need to get up early and lift some weights.
Have a great night everyone!