Thursday, June 21, 2012

OMG, It's Thursday!

I almost missed "Ten things Thursday", my most favorite blogging day of the week!


1. I'm 4 pounds above my comfort zone and mama ain't happy! I know earlier in the week it was because there was lots of cookies and going out for ice cream with the grandfolks and kids. However, I went back on the straight and narrow yesterday and fully expected ALL 4 pounds to be gone this morning. Yes, I live in dream land. It's not gone and my dumb scale made sure to tell me that this morning. More straight and narrow for me until it's gone!


2. Still doing "Insanity" with the hubby every freaking morning before the sun even thinks about rising. Every day I bitch and moan about how much I hate it, but I keep doing it. Every day a different part of my body is sore, so it must be doing something. 


3. Hubby couldn't do Insanity with me today because he was going golfing and guess what? I did it WITHOUT him! Get outta' town...seriously! The scale made me do it.


4. We were supposed to be going out on a date tomorrow night at some fancy 'froo froo' drink place where they make fantastic alcoholic ice cream drinks. I've changed those plans and decided we'll just go out for a simple dinner instead. The scale made me do it. Effing scale!


5. My MIL has weeded and pruned every square inch of our 2 acre yard. She's only been here 5 days. 


6. Yesterday we got a delivery from Fed Ex. It was a new pruner for the trees that need to be cut back around our house. Before I even signed for the pruner, the MIL had her shoes on and was ready to go out and cut back trees! I had to slap her down and tell her to take a break. It was 96 degrees out! Crazy lady.


7. My 5 year old is OBSESSED with American Girl doll stuff. She watches You Tube videos of little girls opening their new dolls EVERY DAY. It's crazy. I should mention that she does not have an AG doll, nor will she be getting one any time soon (maybe Christmas). But that doesn't stop her from watching video after video. Should I be concerned?


8. I made the frozen banana 'ice cream' dessert for the in laws and they nearly went into convulsions. I was told to stock up on bananas so we can do that several more times while they're here. We made it again last night with a handful of frozen mixed berries. It was like raspberry sorbet, I kid you not! SO refreshing and tasty.


9. Since we live in Wisconsin now, it's only appropriate that we're going on a cheese factory tour tomorrow. We're going to see how real Wisconsin cheese is made (and of course sample some!). Should be cool. I'm gonna' be a cheese head.


10. I had my 22 month bandiversary the other day and totally forgot about it. I usually take pictures, and that didn't happen this month. I promise when hubby and I get dressed for our dinner date, I'll have him take a pic of me so I can post the before and now shots.


Hope you're all having a fantastic week. Be well!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you remember when the scale used to try to make you do things, and failed miserably. The scale making you do it, is a NSV! You will overcome.

RockBand Barbie said...

Hahaha...I don't know what "Insanity" is, but at first I thought it was code word for sex. If you go back and read your post thinking that, you will be laughing too :)

Sarah G said...

Happy Thursday!

Caron said...

The scale is saying I'm at a good weight but my clothes are not fitting right. Too many sunflower seeds I'm thinking.

My girls got hold of an American Girl catalog when they were probably 8 and 6 years old and were entranced by it. They dreamed of getting one of those dolls but it was not in our budget. My youngest now collects the Asian ball jointed dolls. She has five now.

Beth Ann said...

Cheese. Mmmm... currently eating some as a matter of fact. Great job on the Insanity!!