Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Stories

It's been 8 days since my last post. So let's try to catch up, shall we?

1. So many of you, my blogging friends, have been posting stories about spiders. I'm not really afraid of spiders, although I wouldn't say I'm a fan either.
Today I spent the better part of my afternoon in the 'lower level', or what most folks call the basement. That's where our family room and guest room are. I've been killing at least one spider each time I'm down there, so I went on a rampage with the vacuum cleaner.
I stopped counting when I had sucked up my 12th spider!

Now I'm thinking those little (and some big) suckers are in the vacuum bag re-building their nest and developing their evil plan for revenge! Sorry to my arachnophobe friends. I had to share.

2. Since I'm on the subject of the vacuum cleaner, my favorite household appliance, let me tell you about my Thursday.
This was the day I decided to clean the stairs. The previous owners had a cat, and 2 months later, I swear I'm still finding pet hair around the house.
So, I set the cleaner at the top step and used the hose to clean the stairs as I backed down one at a time. I got to the bottom and apparently that was one step too far because the cleaner fell off the top step and landed...wait for it......
on my head!
THAT hurt like a biotch, but being an OCD cleaner I kept doing what needed to be done.
Throughout the day I was having severe dizzy spells, to the point of almost blacking out.

THE WHOLE DAY, I thought the dizzy spells were about my low blood pressure. Until that night when I was telling my husband about the vacuum cleaner incident. DUH! Yeah, I think the severe blow to my head with a large household appliance just might explain some dizziness. Ya' think?

3. The other night after watching some mindless TV, an infomercial came on. It was for that crazy fitness program called "insanity". Have you heard of it? Seen the commercials? It's NUTS!
My husband, who tends to be very skeptical and researches everything to the point of exhaustion before even considering buying says "Do you want to buy that for our anniversary gift to each other".
HUH? Really?
Before we went to bed it was ordered. I think he got sucked in by the prospect of six pack abs.
It hasn't arrived yet but we know that the work outs are 40 minutes each. We have committed to being in the basement and ready to work by 5:20am. each day so that he can start getting ready for work at 6am.
Let's see how this goes!
Should we do before and after pics?

4. I'm not liking this new thing in my life called Hunger. I'd spent the better part of nearly 2 years without hunger and now it's back. You may recall I had to have a major unfill about a month ago due to some severe heart burn and not being able to eat solid protein.
Well, everything has calmed down, no more heart burn, no more stuck episodes. But now I'm HUNGRY! It sucks. It reminds me daily of why I needed this band in the first place. It also reminds me why I was never able to lose the weight and keep it off before.
I'm struggling to maintain my weight loss.
I'd love to run right back for a fill to help me out, but my doc is 2 hours away so it's not that easy any more.
I'm going to try to suck it up and do this on my own, with a little help from Insanity!

5. I'm up a couple pounds this week and I don't want to talk about it. Please refer to #4 if you have questions.

That's about it for me tonight. I'm beat and need to get the kiddos ready for bed, with me soon to follow.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Dani said...

Youll have to let us all know about the insanity program.Sorry to hear about your vacuuming accident- I knew I avoided it for a reason!!:)

Kristin50 said...

Just remember that those gains are most likely NOT true gains, unless you ate over your calories by at least 8,000 calories. Hugs

Caron said...

Being bonked on the head by the vacuum cleaner is kind of scary. Mostly I don't like being hungry either but I've spent most of my life eating and not letting myself reach the point of hunger. Sometimes I actually sit and just go through the sensations of hunger because it isn't a familiar feeling. I know that sounds weird but it's true. :)

Beth Ann said...

Be CAREFUL! Concussions are NOT okay!

Can't wait to hear about Insanity! I'm a little jealous at the moment. I'm warped like that.

I feel ya on the hungry. That's why I'm going to try the Paleo thing. I'm not sure I can give up the carbs long term, but I'm sure as heck going to give it a try!