Thursday, June 14, 2012

TTT!

It's Ten Things Thursday, and what can I say? It's my favorite blog day because it allows me to get around to all the crap I didn't have time to write about during the week.
Here we go!

1. Hubby and I started the "Insanity" fitness program this week. Let me just tell you that it IS crazy! I'm a pretty fit person to begin with. I exercise intensely several times a week. None of that could have prepared me for this program. I was cursing the trainer during the warm up!
We've done 2 days and I'm so sore I want to go back to bed.

2. I'm stupid.
That's right, I have enough higher education degrees, licenses and certifications to wallpaper my bathroom, but I'm still stupid. Here I am almost 22 months out from this band surgery and some days I feel like I haven't learned a thing.
I KNOW I can't eat bread. Have known that all along. Yet, the genius in my head decided it would be a good idea to try one of my kids' crescent rolls last night at dinner. They're soft and gooey, and delicious. I thought maybe since my unfill, it just might work. That's a big N-O!
I won't even go into what the next several hours of my life were like. It wasn't pretty.

3. We have a registered sex offender about a mile away from our house. He committed his crime more than 20 years ago and has apparently been on the straight and narrow ever since. I don't know the details of his crime. However I do know what he looks like and where he lives. I secretly hate him from afar.
Imagine my surprise when we got to my preschooler's first soccer game last night and their shirts have this guys name on them! He's a local business owner and has financially sponsored the youth soccer league. I want to take a permanent marker to his name because I don't want any part of him on my child!

4. The in-laws are coming in 2 days. We haven't seen them since Christmas, which is very unusual. We're all buzzing with excitement around here! They won't believe how big the kids have gotten, and they'll be seeing our new house for the first time. Lots of fun stuff planned.

5. When I went in for my unfill last month, I saw another doctor in the practice, not my surgeon. He did the unfill and then I asked him if he had any idea why I was continuing to get tighter instead of looser over time. He said "I really don't know but my guess would be scar tissue building up around the band". I know he's not a bariatric doc so he may have absolutely no idea what he's talking about, but I was wondering if you've ever heard of that? I've emailed the nurse at my docs office to ask if she knew. Still waiting for a reply. Thoughts?

6. My weight is steadily heading back down to where I was before. Not sure what that was all about, but it scared the heck out of me to see such a high number on the scale, when I really hadn't done much different. Being more careful now!

7. I've been off peanut butter for a couple weeks now. I ran out of SF pudding, and that's the only time I usually have peanut butter, since it goes so well together. I bought pudding today so I'm pretty sure there's a chocolaty peanut butter snack in my near future. Oh, how I've missed it!

8. Have you heard about 'single ingredient ice cream'? We're in love with it. Just peel and slice a couple bananas. Freeze the bananas. When you're ready for an ice creamy treat, put the frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until it looks like ice cream! Seriously, it's as simple as that. We've experimented with flavors, adding vanilla extract or peanut butter. So you can feel like you're having ice cream, but you're getting a serving of fruit! I even added a little protein powder to mine and it was awesome.

9. Hubby just booked our vacation for next summer. My kids wanted a beach vacation...we had a family meeting a while ago and we all voted. Looks like we're going to Myrtle Beach! It will be my first time. Hubs was there during his college days. In laws will meet us there which is cool because they're a lot of fun on vacation. Can't wait!

10. My back is killing me right now from all the errands I had to run today, and all I can think about is that I have to try to get through Insanity tomorrow. Lord help me!

Sorry this took me an entire day to finish...Have a great night all!

4 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

Yumm,the frozen bananas sounds really good. I have some bananas...I'm gonna give it a try. Do they have to be really ripe or does it matter??

Caron said...

I've been reading about the banana "ice cream" and I think I'll give it a try. May daughter will probably like it. :)

Beth Ann said...

I really, really wish I liked bananas. :(

20 to go! said...

There is a frozen banana machine here in Australia. My niece and nephew tried some at a taster day at the shop and said that it was amazing! I think it's called a "Yonana".