Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's All In The Numbers

Sometimes when the scale says the same darn number day after day, and discouragement sets in, we should take a look at some other numbers. The numbers I'm talking about happen to be WAY more important than the numbers on the scale.

We were at our favorite warehouse store today for the weekly shopping trip. We noticed they were having a health fair, free for members. There were nurses on hand, testing blood pressure and cholesterol on the spot, while you wait. Then offered a little consultation with the pharmacist once the results were ready.

Wanna' know my numbers?

BP: 106/67 (Average benchmark is 120/80)
Total Cholesterol: 126 (Preferred range is below 200)

How do you like them apples?!

The nurse was shocked at my BP. The pharmacist asked if I get dizzy when I stand up too fast!

Every once in a while a shadow of doubt enters my mind about the decision to have weight loss surgery. Then something like today's test results offers me a swift kick in the ass that says "Hey goof ball, you've lost 70 pounds, have excellent BP and perfect cholesterol, SNAP OUT OF IT!".

Get your numbers checked. You'll be glad you did!

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

Ha, love it! I saw that little set-up... walked right past, though. Tons of people were waiting.

Lap Band Gal said...

Those bp numbers are AWESOME!

E. Jane said...

Great numbers! I'm having some blood lipid testing soon too, but I doubt that I will do as well as you did!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Great BP numbers! That is wonderful. When I lost my weight better numbers were such a welcome side effect. I hope you have a great week.