You know it's my favorite day...Ten Things Thursday.
1. Being in a new town and not near any family on a holiday really sucks. We didn't get invited to any picnics or parties and pretty much stayed home all night. Boooo!
2. The parade in town was at 9:30am. and thank God for that. It was already almost 90 degrees at that time, and got up to 100 shortly after we left. The kids wanted to walk in the parade, so we did, and were sweating profusely by the time we got to the free ice cream at the end!
3. I broke my no sugar/useless carbs rule at the end of the parade. I was so friggin' hot I didn't care, and I had some ice cream. I'm not going to stress about it. Back on track today.
4. My hubby and his boss are taking their team to a Brewers game today. It's going to be another 100 degree day. I'm pretty sure if that was me organizing this event, I'd cancel! Boys and their baseball.
5. I ordered a pool for the kids (all stores were sold out so had to go on line). It took more than a week to arrive. I sat out in the scorching heat for an hour trying to get that sucker to inflate. I decided to inspect it to see what the problem was and guess what. There was a HOLE in the brand new pool. Not a happy Mama! They're sending me a new one, express mail. By the time it gets here this heat wave will probably be over.
6. I don't know how people who live in Arizona and have these 100 degree temps on a regular basis can deal. I don't like spending my summer indoors. It sinks!
7. I've been using watermelon in my morning protein shakes and it's awesome! The watermelon is so juicy that I don't need to use any milk at all. Today's special was watermelon, fresh blueberries, a few strawberries and a scoop of protein powder. Tastes like summer!
8. Bananas have been super cheap the past couple weeks so we've been making a lot of that banana 'ice cream' fake out. Yesterday I used a couple frozen bananas and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. Holy peanut butter ice cream! Yumm-O. The kids favorite is wild berry. The possibilities are endless.
9. I'm missing 3 months worth of birth control pills. I remember packing them just before the move but can't remember for the life of me WHERE I packed them. I've been looking everywhere. This is not good. I suffer from PMDD and the pill helps me to not become the exorcist once a month.
10. Did you know that watermelon juice has a cleansing effect? It pushed toxins through the body. You might say it's very 'moving'. On that note, gotta' go!