Monday, August 6, 2012

8th Anniversary!

Today is our wedding anniversary.
It's been a crazy 8 years with 3 moves, buying and selling 3 houses, having 2 kids, changing jobs, etc. We've been through it all and love each other more and more because of it.

Tonight we're going out for dinner as a family to celebrate. Hubby and I already went out Saturday  night just the two of us, so tonight is a 'family date'. The girls are even more excited than we are!

They love it when I dress up. I guess I don't do it often enough because when I do, it's a big deal. You should have seen their faces light up when I put on a dress Saturday night. I decided to do it again today for the family date.

Last year when my friend who works in retail let me shop and use her employee discount, I picked up a white summer dress in a size too small for me, figuring I'd get into it. Well, it's now considerably too big for me! I guess there are worse problems in the world, right?

It's a size 12. I'm comfortably in a 10 now and even some of those pants are a bit big now since doing Insanity.

I definitely couldn't wear it as is, I had to add a belt or else I looked like I was going to a toga party, or wearing a hospital gown. I'm tempted to just hang it back up in the closet and choose something else, but darn it, I paid for this dress and I want at least one wear out of it! I know, I'm cheap.

I put it on and asked the girls what they thought. The older one said "It looks a bit too floppy on the top". Yes, I know, I've never been top heavy. I decided to take a little tuck in on each side with my very limited sewing skills.
If I was back in NY my sister or aunts would have done it right and had it done in 10 minutes flat, but I'm not there so I did what I could with needle and thread.

So, here's my too big summer dress that I'll probably be giving away after tonight...



I'm fully aware that you can see some of my face in the second picture and I'm at the point where I no longer care much. I'm still anonymous, and I'm not going to be posting pictures of me with my family on here, but I don't care if you see a little of my face. I'm so over what people might think of weight loss surgery.

I'll let you all know how the date goes, and what hubby thinks of the dress.

Have a good night.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

Heck, I love the dress... floppy top and all - It's a victory in itself that it's too big!

Z said...

cute dress! and so wonderful that it fits too big!

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

Cute! Happy Anniversary!