Friday, September 28, 2012

Fifty Things Friday

OK, not really. I wouldn't bore you with 50 random things about my life this week but I did skip Ten Things Thursday yesterday. I'd say 90% of my blogging friends are in Chicago right, now so the chances of anyone reading or commenting on my posts this weekend are pretty slim.
BUT, it just doesn't feel right not to blog, so here goes... some randomness.


  • I just baked about 100 cookies for the bake sale/lemonade stand tomorrow. Would you ask an alcoholic to watch over your liquor cabinet or tend to your bar? Then why the hell is the food and sugar addict baking cookies for a damn bake sale. Seriously, how do I get myself into this crap!

  • I made REAL chocolate chip cookies and REAL sugar cookies. I'm talking real butter, white flour, white sugar, the whole shebang. That hasn't happened in our house in many, MANY moons.

  • I just found out that I don't need to bring a table for the lemonade stand because I'm being given a golf cart and can just drive around from hole to hole to sell the goods! How freaking cool is that? I've never been on a golf course or cart. I'm not sure the manager knows what he's doing by trusting me with a motorized vehicle on his course.

  • My kids decided to donate half of our profits to the people of the Lakota Sioux tribe in South Dakota. They are the poorest Indian Reservation in the entire country and have an 85% unemployment rate. 65% of their people live below the poverty line. A Lakota can expect to live to about the ripe old age of 50. That's worse than any third world country, right here in America.

  • This is what happens when you gather up a group of people and force them to live on a piece of worthless land out in the middle of nowhere. No commerce, no stores, no money. My heart aches for them.

  • Today I feel fat and cranky. Not sure what's up with that but let's just blame it on hormones. Maybe I need a damn cookie!

  • I did body pump yesterday and kick boxing this morning. My legs are killing me right now. I'm pretty sure I'll need a wheel chair by morning.

  • My aforementioned exercise will in no way make up for the 3 cookies I ate while preparing for tomorrow's bake sale. I'm pretty sure I will not be getting on the scale tomorrow morning.

  • I am not an elegant baker. I am covered in flour and sugar. I could never have my own TV show. I'm just a big mess.

  • It's almost 4:00 and the kids will be home from school soon. I need to clean up this cookie making mess and try to take a 10 min. snooze. My youngest is a bear to deal with in the afternoons so I need to be fully prepared.
Have a great weekend everyone!






7 comments:

Michelle said...

We're not all in chi town .... Cookies sound amazing

Sarah G said...

I'm not in Chicago.... :)

o.c. bandster said...

You are a baking machine!!!! amazing!

and no.....you would NEVER ask an alcoholic to work the beer stand or bar but......... good luck with those cookies.

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

I'm here reading (seriously wishing I was at BOOBS, though, no offense). My best meals have resulted in total destruction of my person and kitchen...true creativity can't be contained! Have fun on that golf cart, but don't end up on YouTube!

20 to go! said...

I love this post! SO cute! I can just imagine you in your cookie mess crankiness! Lol! Have fun on the golf cart! What a blast for a really good cause!

Caron said...

You are the brave one going in there and baking cookies. The only way I could do it would be to have someone helping and watching me and also I would have to keep sugar free gum in my mouth at all times. I would not be able to take one bite without ending up eating at least a half dozen cookies. Nope, I'm not to be trusted around fresh baked goods.

Sam said...

Yes, it doesn't seem right to have to do that much baking. But hey you have only had three.....stay strong and lock the rest away :o) have fun with the golf cart !!!