BUT, it just doesn't feel right not to blog, so here goes... some randomness.
- I just baked about 100 cookies for the bake sale/lemonade stand tomorrow. Would you ask an alcoholic to watch over your liquor cabinet or tend to your bar? Then why the hell is the food and sugar addict baking cookies for a damn bake sale. Seriously, how do I get myself into this crap!
- I made REAL chocolate chip cookies and REAL sugar cookies. I'm talking real butter, white flour, white sugar, the whole shebang. That hasn't happened in our house in many, MANY moons.
- I just found out that I don't need to bring a table for the lemonade stand because I'm being given a golf cart and can just drive around from hole to hole to sell the goods! How freaking cool is that? I've never been on a golf course or cart. I'm not sure the manager knows what he's doing by trusting me with a motorized vehicle on his course.
- My kids decided to donate half of our profits to the people of the Lakota Sioux tribe in South Dakota. They are the poorest Indian Reservation in the entire country and have an 85% unemployment rate. 65% of their people live below the poverty line. A Lakota can expect to live to about the ripe old age of 50. That's worse than any third world country, right here in America.
- This is what happens when you gather up a group of people and force them to live on a piece of worthless land out in the middle of nowhere. No commerce, no stores, no money. My heart aches for them.
- Today I feel fat and cranky. Not sure what's up with that but let's just blame it on hormones. Maybe I need a damn cookie!
- I did body pump yesterday and kick boxing this morning. My legs are killing me right now. I'm pretty sure I'll need a wheel chair by morning.
- My aforementioned exercise will in no way make up for the 3 cookies I ate while preparing for tomorrow's bake sale. I'm pretty sure I will not be getting on the scale tomorrow morning.
- I am not an elegant baker. I am covered in flour and sugar. I could never have my own TV show. I'm just a big mess.
- It's almost 4:00 and the kids will be home from school soon. I need to clean up this cookie making mess and try to take a 10 min. snooze. My youngest is a bear to deal with in the afternoons so I need to be fully prepared.
Have a great weekend everyone!