Wednesday, September 26, 2012

No Work Out Wednesday

I noticed a lot of you bloggers post about your work out on Wednesdays. Not me. Not today.
Wednesday is normally my day 'off' from the gym but I do Insanity early in the morning with the hubs before he goes to work.
However, last night I was up twice with the kids. Once for a trip to the potty. Yes, I'm thankful she didn't pee in her bed this time, but I really wish I could have a night of uninterrupted sleep!
The second time was for the older kiddo who had a nightmare.

So, no work out for me, technically.

I did dig in the garden and yard for close to 2 hours. I wonder how many calories that burned? I didn't break a sweat, even though my back was killing me at the end.

While digging in the yard I kept having this intense pain in the side of my head. My first thought was "I'm really going to be pissed if I have a stroke after all this getting healthy crap!".

Once I came in I realized the source of my headache. T.O.M. had arrived. I always have a head ache and back ache when it's the time of the month.
I'm on the pill people, and STILL have no idea when it's coming. I take it the same time every day faithfully, and there's still no rhyme or reason to my cycle. I'll be finding a new doctor in my area soon and hopefully getting on something else that will help with some regularity.

Other random stuff going on...

I just made these today and let me tell you, they are super yummy. WLS friendly and for me at least, band friendly. Be careful though because they are very filling and you'll have to stop yourself after just one. I used half white flour and half wheat.

Both my kids woke up complaining of a scratchy throat. I do believe school germs have infiltrated our home. I'm sure they are headed for their first cold of the season. Probably the first of many.

I have finally contacted my surgeons office to try and schedule my 2 year post-op appt. I know I'm over due but I live 2 hours away now and he wants me to have an Upper GI. I have to have the GI first at the hospital and then go to his office, so there are some scheduling issues there. Hopefully we can make this work so I don't have to drive there twice.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and for the first time in a very long time I feel like I have a plan for dinners this week. I suck at menu planning.

I made a pot of chili yesterday and even though I've made this recipe many times before, this time it turned out amazing. Hubs and I both had it again for lunch and now there are no left overs. Next time I'll have to make a double batch for sure!

My 1st grader has home work every night which sends her into a panic attack EVERY NIGHT. It's crazy. I can't imagine what this child will go through in 7th or 8th grade. I cringe at the thought. I don't know where she gets all this anxiety from and I wish there was a way I could take it away from her.

Well, it's almost 4:00 and I haven't even showered yet today! I better go get myself ready for the bus stop.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Miz said...

my first grade is the same!!
I was thinking last night how now *I* am dreading the real homework.
long division.
essays.
HOLD ME :)