Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oops, I almost did it again!

Having Monday off and the kids being back in school has just screwed me up all week long! It's Thursday again and I almost forgot again. Dammit!

Well, here goes my version of Ten Things Thursday:

1. I went to 2 stores today ALL BY MYSELF. Yes, that's right. I shopped alone. Kids are back in school and it felt really weird. I kept thinking I needed to hurry, then had to remind myself that there was no need to hurry because I was alone and the kids were in good hands. So weird!

2. I haven't been thrilled with the scale lately and I've been pretty sure it's because of my inability to stay away from the carbs. So yesterday I was all protein, all day. I had home made chili for lunch and a chicken burger for dinner (no sides).
Then I was up 4 pounds this morning. Yup, you read that right. FOUR FREAKING POUNDS.
And then the peeing started.
I peed when I got up. I peed before my work out. I peed after my work out. I peed before my shower, in the shower, and after my shower. I peed at Wally World and Tar-get. I peed when I got home and after I put away my groceries.
You get the picture. There was a lot of pee ALL DAY LONG. I was beginning to think I had some sort of infection!
Needless to say I'm fairly confident that the 4 pounds was water retention. Fingers (and legs) crossed!

3. Tomorrow is our last day of this round of the Insanity work out program. It has taken us longer than the 60 days because of my broken toe, hubby's back, and our vacation. But, we got through it and didn't die! We both see differences in our bodies, mostly muscle tone we didn't have before. After tomorrow we have to do the fitness test again. It'll be interesting to see how much we improve. Let me tell you, the test is HARD. The first time hubby did it, he threw up. 'Nuff said.

4. During my whole weight loss journey my hubby would often say "Just think Honey, one day you'll be picking out your LBD". He was talking about the coveted "Little Black Dress". Every woman wants one and an obese woman wishes she could find one that fits and looks good.
Every time I would get discouraged he would remind me of the goal of finding a LBD and that would make me smile.
Well today, while shopping at Tar-Get (alone) I found a Little Black Dress on the clearance rack. Size Medium. Marked down to $7. Had to be too good to be true. Not having kids with me, I had time to try it on.
I bought it.
I can now say that I am the proud owner of my very own LBD. It's hanging in my closet, so I need to get invited to a fancy dinner or wedding. Doesn't matter. I got the dress!


5. It's still hot here in Wisconsin but it's cooling a little bit and I can smell the crispness in the air. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I can't wait for apple picking and pumpkins and hay rides!

6. I was planning to work in the garden all day tomorrow while the kids are at school. Turns out it's going to rain all day so I guess I'll be inside cleaning, organizing, and maybe baking something good for my kids.

7. My birthday is next week and I have to choose a restaurant for the birthday dinner. That makes me think about how I used to love going out for sushi, and how I can't eat it at all any more. I can't tolerate even one grain of rice. I'll have to find a different favorite food now.

8. For many months now I've said all I want for my b-day is to go to McD's and get a R.O.L.O. Mc-Flurry. I LOVE caramel. I've been off the sugar, saving up for that one day to enjoy a special treat. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I hope it's as good as I remember.

9. My sister is flying in for my birthday, and my husband is flying out. He'll be away on business so I'm glad the big sis could come in and I won't have to celebrate alone.

10. My hip is killing me. I'm taking ibuprofen like they're candy. I need a new hip. I feel old.

That's it for tonight my loves. Have a great night!

7 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

You look amazing in that LBD!!!

o.c. bandster said...

Super cute in the LBD

Vanessa said...

Love Love Love that dress! Congrats!

Beth Ann said...

LOVE the LBD! And YOU are rockin it!!

Caron said...

The dress is great and the price is super great. That's from a gal who can pinch a penny until it says "ouch." :)

speck said...

What a deal on the dress! It sounds like things are going very well for you. That's great.

And I think I told you on FB that our kids have been back to school a month already.

Sandra

Ronnie said...

Hot dress!!

I need to come visit during fall. Texas leaves alot to be desired. I need a real fall!