Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

It's that time of week again where I get to share with you ten random things, just because!

1. Monday was my birthday. I turned 41. I can't say I'm thrilled with being officially in my 40's but considering the fact that I'm healthier than I was in my 30's, I'll take it.

2. Remember when I said a while back the only thing I wanted for my b-day was to go to McD's and get a R.O.L.O. Mc...Flurry? Well, we went over the weekend and let me tell you, there wasn't even a hint of disappointment. It was just as amazing as I imagined it would be. I'm pretty sure it's the perfect dessert (for caramel fans like myself). Now I have to convince my brain to forget all about the amazing deliciousness because I can't keep going back for more!

3. My sister flew in Sunday night to be here for my birthday. She totally rocks!

4. My hubby flew to Atlanta on my birthday. That's OK because we had already celebrated over the weekend with dinner and of course the amazing dessert. AND my sister was here to make up for hubby being gone. He's completely off the hook.

5. My sister left today to go back home. We went out to lunch before heading to the airport. I had a bowl of soup, and grabbed a cinnamon scone to give to my kids later. They love scones.
Well, by the time I dropped her off, ran a few errands and did some grocery shopping, it was 4 1/2 hours since I had that bowl of soup. I was hungry. OF COURSE I figured it would be a good idea to eat the scone, right? My kids would never have to know because they were still at school.
Yes people, I'm still STUPID even 2 years after band surgery. Let's just say I've been seeing pieces of scone for the last hour, and burping up the taste of cinnamon.
I'm pretty sure eating my kids food is never a good idea. EVER!

6. I took my sister on a brewery tour. It's a good thing I was driving because, as I mentioned before, I have a new found love of beer. I'll have to make my hubby bring me back there. Or I could just go buy some beer. Either way, it was tasty!

7. I haven't done Insanity or gone to the gym in the 4 days that my sister has been visiting. However, I did go for a run or walk every day after putting the kids on the bus. Monday and Tuesday I did a 2 mile run. Wednesday I did 1 mile but it was freezing and I couldn't take it any more. It felt good to realize that fitness has become a normal part of my daily life.

8. I'm going to cardio kick boxing tomorrow morning. I've missed it.

9. Our primary school had a dance last weekend. Our old town always had a Daddy-Daughter dance, and I was never allowed to go (me not being a dad and all). Well this dance was for families! We all got dressed up and went to the dance. We were the only family who really dressed up. I wore the new LBD. Hubby wore a tie. We were turning heads and told that there should be a prize for best dressed family.
Here's my kid cuttin' a rug. They couldn't stop dancing all night. It was a riot!


10. Hubby comes home tonight from Atlanta but not until a couple hours after the kids go to bed. I have a plan in place. I'll be getting into my fuzzy pajamas, making a cup of tea, and reading a book in bed. 2 hours of quiet. Mmmm, I can't wait!

3 comments:

speck said...

I'm not far from Atlanta...about an hour and a half. To bad you weren't there, I would have met you.

Your girls are so cute. I love keeping up with you on FB as well.

Sandra

Sarah G said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Ah sounds blissful! Happy late Bday!!!