Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gotta' love Thursday!
Ten random things to share with you...

1. My husband has been gone for 12 days, and he's coming home tonight. I have missed that man!

2. I'm baking no sugar oatmeal cookies for my non-sweet eating man right now. Sure hope he likes them.

3. The kids are off from school today and tomorrow. I don't even know why. Some administrative days or something like that.

4. Kids wanted to carve pumpkins today. Can you guess who ended up doing ALL the digging and carving?

5. I've committed to doing 30 minutes on the elliptical machine here at home every day this week. That means no matter what other exercise I've got going on at the gym, I have to start my day on that machine of torture first. I've done it every day so far and have shocked even ME!

6. My kids are both getting flu shots tomorrow, and the younger one needs some blood work done. I know it's the wrong thing to do but we have bribed them with a promise of ice cream after the appt. if they're brave and do well! *sigh*

7. My 5 1/2 year old is apparently off the charts smart. We have a parent teacher conference coming up and we need to talk about the 'gifted and talented' program for her. I'm proud but also sad. She is ahead of her older sister academically and I know it affects the big sis. How do I deal with that?!

8. Yesterday we had 72 degrees and sunny here in Wisconsin. Tomorrow will be 42 degrees and sunny. Nothing like a 30 degree temp. drop!

9. It's 4pm. and I haven't even showered yet!

10. I've been off work while hubby has been out of the country. I've liked this time off. It's gonna' be really hard to go back, even though I love my job!

That's it for now folks. Gotta' go get ready for my honey to arrive!
Have a great night.

3 comments:

speck said...

Twelve days is a long time! Some women wouldn't miss their husbands so it's a good thing! lol

I like #5 a lot!

I had the exact same issue with #7. I basically told my oldest that we all have our unique qualities.(I elaborated on it lol)

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Happy homecoming!

Sarah G said...

Happy Homecoming! *wink*wink*