Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Just Like Weight Watchers, Only Different

I'm doing Speck's fall weight loss challenge. It's my first ever challenge. I thought it would be a good way to encourage me to get back to measuring and logging my food. I've needed a good kick in the pants for a while now.
The challenge has helped me in that department. I made sure to keep track of my calories all week. I exercised even more than normal. I made sure to get in all my fluids every day.

But there's something else the challenge has done to me that I didn't see coming.

Just like back in my Weight Watcher days, I used the weigh in day as my day to 'cheat'. And by cheat, of course I mean eat a load of crap all day as soon as the weigh in is over. Why did I do that? Ahhhh, just like old times.
Today, once the weigh in was over, I ate some of my daughter's candy corn. I don't even like candy corn!
Then I went to the grocery store and while shopping, I bought a package of sugar free cookies and ate 1/3 of the package while walking the store. At least they were the sugar free variety, but really? Why did I do that? Because it was weigh in day. Just like back in my WW days. I can remember leaving my Saturday morning meeting and going to the grocery store. My first stop was the coffee counter where I would get my cup of coffee and a bagel or donut to go with it. Then for the rest of the day I would eat whatever I wanted. My 'reward' for being good all week. Ha, more like undoing all my hard work!

So, even knowing what I know now, I'm sticking with the challenge. I'm not a quitter. I'll just try to do better at not sabotaging myself every Wednesday after the weigh in. I hope that recognizing the problem is a step in the right direction.

And in case you're wondering, I was up .2 pounds this week. Yeah, that totally sucks, but I can deal with it.

And, in case you didn't know, sugar free products are very very VERY harsh on the digestive system. Let's just say my entire house smells like ass right now, and my kids don't want to be near me.

OK, on that note, I'm going to bed before I eat anything else!
G'night all.

1 comment:

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

you recognized it as a pattern...way to go! Now you can be aware and challenge yourself. Good luck in the challenge.