Monday, October 15, 2012

Somethin' Ain't Right!

I'm not sure what's going on with Phil (the band) but something's wrong in there. I'm so glad I finally decided to make the appointment for an upper GI and to meet with my surgeon. Now I'm just wishing the appointment was sooner!

I can't quite figure out what happened. I didn't have a stuck episode or PB, but yesterday when I woke up I felt super tight with mild heart burn. I didn't even attempt my protein shake for several hours and when I did, it was very slow going, with some discomfort. I drank half of it and saved the other half for lunch.

I remember last year when this happened and I had to go in for a major un-fill, I was seriously dehydrated. This time I refuse to let that happen. I'm pushing liquids all day long.

The other thing I'm doing differently is I'm not even trying to eat solids. Last year I kept testing to see if I could,which didn't work, then would cause throwing up, and in turn more irritation. I never gave the inflammation a chance to go down and heal. Believe me, I've learned my lesson.

What scares me is the discomfort, which is bordering on pain. I haven't had that before. Tightness, yes. Heartburn, yes. But this is different. I'm trying not to be paranoid (I've convinced myself before that the band had slipped when it had not), but in the back of my mind I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst.

My biggest concern is that my health insurance sucks even more than the one I had back when I was banded. I really don't want to have to self pay for a revision and I know damn well I can't maintain my weight loss without something in place. OK, let's not go there yet, right?

I just wanted to share with you all because I like to put it all out there...the good, the bad, and the ugly. I don't hold back.

So, my appointment isn't until the 31st. If need be, I can move it up. I'm hoping a couple days of liquids will straighten things out and I won't have to.

I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!

speck said...

I like the idea of LOTS of water.(and sucking on chipped ice)

Maybe you can do the protein shakes throughout the afternoon.

I would definitely stay away from solids.

You know friend(don't want to mention name) sometimes weird stuff happens. This is probably one of those times.

I'm thinking of you. Don't hesitate to email/message me.

Sandra

o.c. bandster said...

Been in the exact situation. Seriously stay with liquids a few days. Hope you don't have to do another complete unfill.