Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Thanks Laura Belle for my favorite day of the week!

1. Yesterday afternoon was just gorgeous. The best weather we've had for quite a while. I spent two full hours cleaning out the garage and trying to organize all our stuff. It felt good to get it done. Two hours after I stopped working it turned cold and rainy and hasn't stopped since! So glad I didn't procrastinate that project.

2. I have not watched any TV since my husband went away on business.
Our primary family/TV room is in the basement. We like to call it 'The Lower Level". It's a nice finished off area with carpet, a bathroom and even a bar. So why is it then that while my husband is not here I will NOT go down there to watch TV.
I'm pretty sure it's because no matter how nice it is, it's still a basement. No matter what I tell my kids, there just might be monsters in real life and I'm not going to be the one to find one down there! Needless to say I've been watching a lot of Netflix on the laptop while he's been away.

3. My back is killing me and I'm not sure if it's because of the garage cleaning or lifting weights in body pump. Advil is my friend.

4. Things are slowly but surely calming down with Phil. I realized this morning that my water was going down just fine, and not gurgling. I still took it easy and slowly sipped my protein shake all morning. I had a ton of errands to run so I brought a yogurt with me and ate it while I waited for my oil change. No problem with that.
I can definitely feel everything I eat or drink, so I'm not ready to try anything solid yet. Maybe soon though because I'm feeling better with each passing day.
I just wish I knew what the heck caused this and what's going on!

5. My friend who is a nurse suggested I try taking an over the counter acid reducer (like Prilosec) for a couple days to see if that helps my situation at all. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that (maybe because my heartburn has been so mild) but I'm glad I took her advice. I can't tell you how much better I feel after taking only one dose!

6. I discovered a low fat frozen yogurt bar by 'Kemps' (I think they're a Wisconsin dairy company?) and holy mother of God, are they awesome! 110 calories and so freakin' yummy. I bought them out of desperation because of this liquid diet. I needed something that resembled real food, that wouldn't get stuck.
I'd show you a picture but I ate them all in 4 days! Don't judge. I needed food.

7. I started the fall weight loss challege with Speck this week. My official starting weight is 161.8. That's pretty cool because I had crept up to a very scary 166 before my band issues. I think 166 is my 'freak out' weight. I just couldn't say no to birthday cake and ice cream, and any and all baked goods. Now that I can't eat food, I'm back down to my 'normal' zone. I'm not happy that I can't eat, but I am happy that I've shed the extra unwanted pounds.

8. For anyone reading this who is about to leave me a comment telling me to get to my doctor ASAP and find out what's going on with my band, I have an appointment. Not to worry. Getting an Upper GI and everything. We will find out once and for all what's going on in there and why food is not my friend.

9. I did some research yesterday on the gastric sleeve and it scared me. I had NO IDEA until yesterday that they actually cut out half of your stomach. Holy cow! I'm just thinking worst case scenario here in case I get bad news after the Upper GI. Let's hope I'm fine and won't even have to go down that road.

10. I'm telling myself that I'm going to do two fitness classes back to back tomorrow. Kick boxing is first, then body pump. Let's see how this goes!

That's it for tonight my dears.
Have a great night!

4 comments:

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

Good luck at the doc!

momma2fi said...

Hello Ms. Fit! Though this is only the second post I've read on your blog, and I'm working on reading your story, it sounds like your band is overfilled. I've gone through that, and at that time I had to keep antacids in my nightstand. I only seemed to have issues with bad acid reflux when I was laying down. Hope this helps!

adorkbl said...

Hope the Dr can help you figure it out. Sorry you are having a hard time with the band right now.

Sam said...

Lets hope all goes well and your band settles soon :o)