Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trying to Catch Up, Random Style

I know I've been bad about keeping up with the blog lately.
I'm trying to get myself on a routine with work, the gym, house work, and volunteering at the school. There are never enough hours in the day, right?!

So, today my oldest daughter has some sort of tummy trouble and had to stay home from school. I was supposed to work but am staying home with her. Hubby already adjusted his work schedule to accommodate my early doctor appt. tomorrow, so I figured I better let him get as much work done today as possible.

I have my Upper-GI scheduled at 8:30am. tomorrow. It's at least a 2 hour drive so I'm leaving before dawn. On an empty stomach. This does not make me happy. However, I will be happy when the doc puts all my fears to rest and tells me my band is just fine.
I'm bringing a protein drink and grapes for after the test. I'm sure I'll survive!

I need a fill.
I had a hefty shake at 8am. today and by 10am. I was trolling the pantry for something to snack on. As long as all goes well with the test I'll ask for a conservative fill. It's a tough spot to be in. I'm terrified of getting too much and having problems again like I did before, but I don't like feeling out of control in the food department either. I'm hoping a tiny fill will help take the edge off. This is Bandster hell. I remember it well.

All my family on the East coast is OK after the storm yesterday. Today we're getting wicked wind in our area. Remnants of the outskirts of the hurricane. This is some crazy stuff!

I've noticed that any time I lose a couple pounds, my neck starts to look saggy and wrinkly. What's up with that?! I have a huge ass that could stand to lose a pound or two, but No, I just lose it in my already skinny neck!? So, so not fair.
I told my hubby if I start to have an old lady looking neck, I'm having a lift.

I can't sleep at night lately. I fall asleep fine, but wake up a couple hours later and lay there wide awake for hours. Sometimes I get up and read or go on the internet, but mostly I just lay there frustrated and angry that I can't sleep. I have no idea why.

My 7 year old had her annual physical last week. She's in the 90th percentile for weight (*sigh*) and has high cholesterol. The only reason they checked the cholesterol is because of our very strong family history on both sides. Sure enough, she inherited that lovely gene. This is a kid who has never so much as eaten a french fry in her life. Never had a fast food meal and eats no meat! I can't imagine how high it would be if we were the type of family who ate out regularly or ate red meat and fried foods. Poor kid. Something she'll have to deal with for the rest of her life most likely.

Well, that's it for now. I have to go put away a ton of laundry and mop my floors. If I have to stay home today, I should get some stuff done.

Have a great one!

4 comments:

Dawnya said...

I hardly ever sleep...and when it do it is fitful. So every weekend I have the pleasure of taking a really strong sleeping pill prescribed by the doctor. It allows me to get some sleep 2 days a week. LOL

The only problem is I'm always sleepy at work. LOL...this morning I almost gave myself a concussion when my head hit the desk.

You daughter is living a healthy lifestyle. You can't control genetics. I think she will be fine.

I hope you get some sleep. I'm positive your upper GI will come back good. Don't stress.

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

I hear you on not sleeping....sucks! Glad all your family is okay out East.

adorkbl said...

I hope the upper GI goes well!!

Sarah said...

Hope you ride out the bad winds ok. Good luck with the upper GI.
Totally with you on the weight coming off in funny places and leaving rubbish saggy skin. I swear the next 2 stone (28 lbs) could come straight off my arse and I would still have a bum JLo would be proud of.