Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Update on Phil

Well I have an update on the band situation. Here goes...

The good News:


  • I'm still on liquids. Fluids are going down just fine.
  • The pain I was having yesterday is just about gone. Taking a deep breath no longer hurts.
  • I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days which brings me back to where I was before birthday dinners and fall baking started. Not exactly the way I wanted to lose it, but whatever.
  • Yesterday I had 2 protein shakes, a yogurt and a diet hot chocolate.
  • Tonight I'm going to try some runny mashed potatoes, fingers crossed!




The Bad News:


  • I'm exhausted. I'm taking my vitamins and getting in plenty of protein each day but I'm darn tired. I think it's carb withdrawl.
  • I had a whole list of projects to do around the house this week and I'm not getting them done. I nap instead.
  • The human desire to chew is a very strong one. I haven't chewed ANYTHING in two days and I hate it.
  • I can still feel and hear everything I drink gurgling down through my stoma. Very weird. The good news is it's going down. The bad news is it's still gurgling down very slowly and I don't know why.
  • I'm terrified to try to eat anything that requires chewing. I'm afraid of having to PB/throw up and causing more damage. 
  • Most soft foods are dairy based. Pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. I'm lactose intolerant. You get the picture. I'm going to buy stock in Lactase pills!
I think that's it for today. I seriously need another nap. Hoping to have more news for you tomorrow. I think I'm past the worst of it.

Have a great night!


3 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Take care, hun!

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I've been doing liquids too this week. Trying to give my band a little chance to heal too. I'm such a slow learner!

Caron said...

The only liquid diet I've tried is Slim Fast but I had a regular dinner. Hope this is just a minor problem and you get back up and running very soon. :)