The good News:
- I'm still on liquids. Fluids are going down just fine.
- The pain I was having yesterday is just about gone. Taking a deep breath no longer hurts.
- I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days which brings me back to where I was before birthday dinners and fall baking started. Not exactly the way I wanted to lose it, but whatever.
- Yesterday I had 2 protein shakes, a yogurt and a diet hot chocolate.
- Tonight I'm going to try some runny mashed potatoes, fingers crossed!
The Bad News:
- I'm exhausted. I'm taking my vitamins and getting in plenty of protein each day but I'm darn tired. I think it's carb withdrawl.
- I had a whole list of projects to do around the house this week and I'm not getting them done. I nap instead.
- The human desire to chew is a very strong one. I haven't chewed ANYTHING in two days and I hate it.
- I can still feel and hear everything I drink gurgling down through my stoma. Very weird. The good news is it's going down. The bad news is it's still gurgling down very slowly and I don't know why.
- I'm terrified to try to eat anything that requires chewing. I'm afraid of having to PB/throw up and causing more damage.
- Most soft foods are dairy based. Pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. I'm lactose intolerant. You get the picture. I'm going to buy stock in Lactase pills!
I think that's it for today. I seriously need another nap. Hoping to have more news for you tomorrow. I think I'm past the worst of it.
Have a great night!