Monday, November 12, 2012

Back Home, and Exhausted!

I went out of town for a work conference. I left way early Friday morning and got back Sunday afternoon.
I got to spend TWO whole nights in a hotel by myself and I must admit, it was pretty heavenly.

So, how did I do?

Exercise:

I did manage to get up and go to the gym on one of the two mornings. The first day I totally overslept and didn't make it.

Food:

On day one I was perfect with my food. I brought my lunch from home, which was hummus, cucumbers, grapes, and a yogurt.
For dinner I got a Greek salad with chicken and was only able to eat half.

On day two lunch was provided. It was supposed to be a make your own sandwich thing, but I just had the meat and cheese, and of course skipped the bread. However, I did have the dessert. I have NO willpower when it comes to chocolate. None! It was so darn good I dare say it was worth it.
For dinner I had Panera soup and couldn't even finish the whole bowl. Not bad.

Sunday morning I had a ready-to-drink protein shake for breakfast (making up for the dessert!). Then on the morning break I made some instant oatmeal.
I had a protein bar for the ride home.

Overall not too shabby, except for the yummy dessert. Could have been totally worse!

Now that I'm home, I'm completely exhausted.
Last night I went to bed at 8pm. No joke. I slept until 6:00 this morning. That's a lot of sleep! It's 8:30 right now and I'm fighting to keep my eyes open.
Even though the conference was great, I guess it was tiring to sit in so many seminars for hours and hours. I didn't even go out drinking like so many of the other ladies did! I'm such a wimp.

By some miracle I didn't gain any weight while away AND I got my TOM today. Well, that's probably also part of why I'm so tired.

Hoping for another great night of sleep tonight and back to the gym tomorrow morning.
G'night all!

No comments: