Friday, November 30, 2012

Ten Things Thursday, A Smidge Late

I know it's early Friday morning so technically this can't be a "Ten Things Thursday" post. However, the sun isn't even up yet (and neither are my kids) so I'm taking advantage of this quiet time and I'm going to catch up by pretending it's still Thursday...

1. You remember I mentioned that my oldest daughter and myself both had Strep throat. Well, about 2 days later my husband also got it. This is a man who has only been sick ONCE in the 10 years I've known him. He took 2 days off from work (well, actually he just worked from home because he doesn't know how to take a sick day) and that hasn't happened EVER since I've known him.
I'm telling you, this strain of Strep is some nasty stuff. The sore throat isn't even the worst of it. It's the pure exhaustion that's the killer.

2. I'm still not back to eating normally yet. I'm not sure what it is. My throat isn't sore anymore so I can swallow solids, they just come back up on me a short time later. I stick with liquids or soft foods all day, then attempt to have some sort of normal dinner with my family, then spend the rest of the evening in the bathroom throwing up said dinner. I'm not sure if it's the medication or just the fact that I'm still recovering from this yucky illness, but it's no freaking fun!

3. Because of the inability to eat much food, I have lost about 5 pounds. I like the new number on the scale but I'm trying not to get too attached to it because once I'm fully recovered and able to eat again, I'm sure that number will go back up. It is kinda' nice to have a little buffer just before the holidays though.

4. Since being on the antibiotics, I can't get enough water. It's like I just crossed the Mojave dessert on foot. Is that a side effect? I've been on this medication many times in my life and I don't ever remember this feeling of pure dehydration! Not a bad side effect to have. At least I'm getting all my water in every day.

5. I started taking a probiotic about a week ago. I can tell you that I feel a ton better in the tummy department. I was constantly dealing with bloating and discomfort. That seems to all be gone now. I can sum this up for you in two very important words. No Gas! My husband is a very happy man these days.

6. I just went downstairs and did 20 minutes on the eliptical. Now I'm a big sweaty mess. That's not normal for me. This strep is kicking my ass!

7. My 5 year old lost her first tooth Wednesday night. It's so cute to see the pure excitement of a child when these little things happen.

8. My 7 year old wakes up every day asking if we got any snow. It's going to be 62 degrees here on Monday so the answer to her question will be no for at least the foreseeable future. Poor kid.

9. I'm spending the day at home today cleaning, disinfecting, and organizing. I might even wrap some Christmas presents. I'm actually excited about this. I have issues!

10. Well, I'm starving now. Probably from not getting any dinner! Time to go make the protein shake.

Have a fantastic day people!

1 comment:

Dawnya said...

Poor thing. I hope yall are all on the mend. I love to see kids with missing teeth. They look so adorable.