Thursday, November 8, 2012

Well Hello there Thursday! My favorite day of the week because it allows me to catch up with the blogging community by telling you all 10 random things going on in my life this week.
Here goes...

1. I'm  going to a conference tomorrow morning and will be gone for 2 1/2 days. You know I LOVE my family with all my heart and then some, but I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to be going to a hotel ALL BY MYSELF for 2 nights.
Just me, my pajamas, a queen size bed, and some Netflix. I am very easy to please.

2. I received an email from the conference people saying breakfast will be provided on both days, and lunch will be provided on Saturday. I'm still being cautious and prepared because knowing my luck, breakfast will be bagels and donuts, and I'll be out of luck. I'd rather be safe than sorry so here's my secret stash that I'll be bringing, along with some other essentials...


I figure the ready to drink protein shakes will save me if breakfast is a no-go. The protein bars, mints and water will be in my large purse in case I need something while in all day workshops. The oatmeal likely won't be eaten but it's an emergency back up plan in case I have a stuck episode or get super tight and can't eat. It happens occasionally and I want to be prepared for the worst case.
The diet hot chocolate is my evening treat while all ALONE in my hotel room watching movies (all by myself). The vitamin holder...self explanatory.

3. I mentioned to the hubby that my running shoes really didn't hold up as well as I thought they should, and I already need a new pair. 3 days later these arrived on my door step.



Yes, I love that man!
They fit great and are a much better brand than my previous running shoes, so I think they'll last longer.
Now if I just had the courage to run in the cold, I'd be all set.

4. I grew up in the city, so I'm pretty sure I'll never get used to seeing this out my window...


Yup, that's a real deer. She just walked into the front yard and started munching on berries. Just a normal happening in our neighborhood. I'll still never get used to it or take it for granted. I love the country!

5. We're going out to dinner tonight as a family. We don't often go out but hubby thought it would be a nice treat since I'm leaving in the morning. I'm sure he knew I really didn't want to cook! It's Thai food tonight and there's a buffet for the kiddos, so we'll all be happy.

6. I just packed my suitcase. I'm really not a vain person but I have to admit, I had my 3 outfits all picked out, pairing cute sweaters, jeans and boots. Then I looked at the weather. It's actually going to be in the 60's this weekend! I'm glad for the nice weather but darn it I really wanted to look all cute and cozy in my sweaters.

7. My 5 year old has regressed to bed wetting. She had stopped having accidents once we took milk away at dinner time, but now the problem is back. She really doesn't drink anything from the time she comes home from school until bed time (maybe a sip, but nothing substantial). Hubby and I take turns waking up in the middle of the night to take her to the bathroom. Nothing's working. I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any of you moms out there have experience with this and have some advice?
For the record we have a conference next week with her teacher so I will ask if there's anything upsetting her at school that could be causing this.

8. I'm pretty sure I'm giving up on my yoga class. It's actually a yoga/pilates combo. I had been taking the class once a week, thinking it was a good idea since all my other exercise is high impact. I get through the entire class with no problem, but later in the day and into the night I'm in considerable pain with my back. I gave it a few weeks and monitored my progress, thinking things would get better, but they haven't. Now I just try to find excuses not to go because I know I'll be in pain later.
So I've decided to go back to body pump on those days. Funny how lifting weights for an hour doesn't bother my back at all, but doing yoga darn near kills me!

9. I got a new VitaMix machine. My old one was starting to leak a little. It was still functional but the company allowed me to either send it back for a repair, which takes 6 weeks, or trade up for a new one and pay the difference. We opted for the new one. I use it every day, sometimes more. I didn't like to have to spend the money but I love that darn machine! This time I got the red one. I should have taken a pic for you because it's so pretty.

10. Almost time to get the kiddos off the bus so I'm outta' here.
I hope you are having a fantastic day today!

1 comment:

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

Way to go Husband on the shoes! We have the same experience with deer in our yard and I just love it! We have some tree with berries they find irresistible right next to the house so we got a front row seat for a month to 2 does and 2 fawns every day at 4pm. I will miss that when we move "in town." I gotta check this Vitamix thing out!