Thursday, December 13, 2012

How is it Even Possible...

That it's Thursday all over again?

I really do mean well, and try to post during the week, but some how it turns out to be only on Thursdays that I have the time.

So, it's Ten Things Thursday all over again...

1. My oldest has strep throat again. It's been less than a month since she recovered from the last bout of strep. Remember when she got it, then me, then my husband?
Yeah, I'm forbidding my body to catch it this time!

2. I'm exhausted. I slept like a log last night but still needed a nap today. I put a movie on for the sick kiddo and went to take a quick snooze. I woke up an hour later! Man, I'm really gonna' be pissed if this is strep.

3. I didn't watch the whole benefit concert last night but saw The Stones and The Who. Anybody else feel super old watching those geezers on the stage? The music I grew up with is being sung by senior citizens now, and is considered 'classic'. Nice.

4. I have one more work day and then I'm off until January 2, 2013. How sweet is that!

5. The book club get together that we hosted went super well. We had 100% turn out, which I thought was cool, and everyone had a fantastic time. The hubby even joined us for a drink. He doesn't mind being the only guy in the room. I think this might turn out to be an annual thing.

6. I've read all of the Janet Evanovich number books, up to the most recent one. I'm currently # 367 on the wait list for that one! Why does she have to be so darn popular?

7. I'm getting excited for our trip back to NY for Christmas (minus the 13 hour road trip part). Aside from the typical Christmas stuff, I've got plans with my sister and best friend for lunch one day. There's a ladies night in the works too. I have to get in all my girl time since we won't be going home for summer vacation next year.

8. My husband went to the doctor for a full physical recently. He never goes to the doc, but had been getting some unusually high blood pressure readings and thought he better get checked out. The doc told him it would be a good idea to lose 10 pounds.
Wanna' know how much he lost in the first 3 days after that appointment? FOUR effing pounds people!
Yeah, I have a freaking lap band and can't lose 4 pounds in 3 days.
I hate men.
BUT, I must say I'm proud of him for taking the advice of his doctor seriously and moving in the right direction.

9. My work is doing a cookie exchange on Monday. I normally don't participate in such things but my boss made a big deal out of it. So, I'm making this healthy recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (some of you follow her healthy dessert blog). Then I found out another of my co-workers is making a weight watchers cookie recipe. I'm so happy!
I love cookies, especially healthy cookies.

10. Many of you don't know this but I keep another blog. It's for my family and it's mostly about my kids. I started it years ago because we live out of state and away from all of our family. It's the best way to keep everyone in the loop about what's going on in our lives.
However, I haven't posted on that other blog in a long time because Blogger is telling me I've reached my limit for pictures and will have to start paying $ to increase my photo allowance.
I'm sharing this with you because you, my fellow bloggers, may want to look into this issue for yourselves. There are programs that you can use to compose your posts before putting them into blogger that will significantly compress your photo size, which should help. I just haven't had the time or patience to look into that yet.
So, if you tend to post lots of photos on Blogger, be warned that your time is limited!

Have a great night everyone!
Stay well.


3 comments:

Sarah G said...

You may already know this but get your daughter a new toothbrush. I gave myself strep 3 or 4 times in a row by using a toothbrush I stored at my best friend's house. Hope you don't get it this time!

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

good tip on the photos...who knew!? I know what you mean about geezer rock...I am right there with you!

Ronnie said...

I'm going through the same thing with the kiddos - like Sarah said be sure you replace the toothbrush. That's what always gets mine sick again. :(

I can't believe Blogger is putting a picture limit on us now. That's nuts!

And also, where are you #367 on a waiting list? Buy online, you'll get it before Christmas! :)